radio randomly stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

radio randomly stopped working

my radio quit working in my acccord. the subs work, but the regular speaksrs dont.

I took the head unit out and put it in my integra, and it works fine. what could be the problem? the wiring and everything is done properly. the speakers are not blown, they work when hooked up to a home stereo, and i have a radio adapter harness.

what is wrong?

bump help somebody

Comment

its possible one of the speaker leads is grounding out. make sure none of the speaker wires touch metal and make sure the terminals on the speakers arent touching metal.
      FA1

Comment

My friend's jetta did that... then her battery died. That was just the freaky Jetta though, I don't think our cars would do that!

Comment

My car is doing the same thing,and sometimes it makes this static noise when Iam playing cd's. I have no idea whats wrong.
          Spell Race car Backwards and what do you get

Comment

static noise could be an indication of blown speaker.. cuz my 2 rear speakers wasn't playing.. once in a blue moon you wood hear it try to play but get static.. as in if u was talkin on the phone and it was interfering with the speaker and making it clip, distort... then finding out my rear 2 speaker is blown... it did that static noise i ended up disconnecting the speaker harness..
            http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

Comment

Originally posted by soon2bdropped
              static noise could be an indication of blown speaker.. cuz my 2 rear speakers wasn't playing.. once in a blue moon you wood hear it try to play but get static.. as in if u was talkin on the phone and it was interfering with the speaker and making it clip, distort... then finding out my rear 2 speaker is blown... it did that static noise i ended up disconnecting the speaker harness..
              Good looking out its time for some new speakers anyway (There Stock )
              Spell Race car Backwards and what do you get

Comment

do you have any amplifiers?

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Working...
                X