G-Tech Pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G-Tech Pro?

I'm thinking about getting one of these... From what I've read, they seem accurate and easy to use. Anyone have any experience with em?

http://www.gtechpro.com/index.html

Re: G-Tech Pro?

Originally posted by Deevergote
    I'm thinking about getting one of these... From what I've read, they seem accurate and easy to use. Anyone have any experience with em?

http://www.gtechpro.com/index.html
    I saw a commercial about that product on TV. It claims it can record quarter mile times if I remember correctly. I'd like to know more about this hardware as well.

Comment

I really wnat to use that, and then return it haha. it says that accuracy is very close. i dont know how it work in that it connects to a lighter and then it gets a good reading...it says satisfaction guaranteed right? use it to ur advantage, then pass it to us moderators here hahaha...and we will return it. im playing.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

yea i saw that 2. The local circuit city has it here and i was like wdf thing is like 2oo bucks or something. not sure if it really works tho

Comment

satisfaction guaranteed for 30 days bro
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

I think I might buy one, and then charge some of my friends a small fee to use it

Gimme $5 and I'll tell you what your 1/4 time is! $5 more and I'll tell you how much HP you're putting to your wheels!

It'll pay for itself soon enough, and $5 for a general reading beats $60 for a dyno, or $30 for a run down a track... Those can be saved for when it's really worth it! (I wouldn't want to waste $30 making a 15.8 second pass at the track with my H22, would you?)

Comment

Originally posted by 92Jr
              yea i saw that 2. The local circuit city has it here and i was like wdf thing is like 2oo bucks or something. not sure if it really works tho
              really?... I'll have to check that out when I pass by.

Comment

yea the springfield store has it. not sure if its the same 1 like that 1 but they have something just like that i think i saw 1 for like 99.99 and another 1 for like 2oo bucks or something can't remember 4 sure around that price range.

Comment

It'll be here on Tuesday... Anyone wanna throw me $5 to use it? I'll keep you guys posted on how it works.

Comment

wha..5 bucks to use it? im down bro!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

yea that would be tight only thing tho he is in JERZEY and u in CALI kind of hard 2 use it when u on the other side of the U.S.

Comment

Got it! It looks like a little radar detector... about the size of a beeper. Seems to work ok, though I'm still learning how to use it. I'll summarize:

1 button, 3 settings: off, 60sec-1/4/gforce, and hp/gforce. The two gforce settings will tell different things, like braking distance and turning Gs. The others are obvious. Each setting (as you can see, if I made it clear) has two options, which can be selected by pressing the button in. The only strange (but understandable) thing is that the unit must be completely level to work. It measures everything based on G force, and must be at 00 for an accurate reading. Not too hard to do. It's not that touchy.

I only played with the HP setting so far, trying to see how much I put down to the wheels. My highest rating was 152... seems kinda low to me, but I never really looked into what I should be putting down (H22, intake, 2.5" exhaust). I managed to take it to about 65 or 70, redlining first and second, and hitting VTEC in 3rd. For the HP setting, you have to input the weight of the vehicle, including the driver. I estimated 3010 lbs, since I'm a little heavy, and I have books, engine parts, and a donut in my trunk.

Does anyone know what I should be putting to the wheels with my setup? I'm curious to know if it's somewhat accurate.

The hardest part will be finding a deserted road that's level, straight, and at least a half mile long!

Once I use this thing enough and can give a thorough review of it, I'll add it to the product review page.
                        Last edited by deevergote; 08-20-2003, 12:20 AM.

Comment

hehe if u lived near me, ill show u many level roads.

so ur saying that even if we try the horse power rating, the car still has to be level?

150 with h22...humm...ask in the tech forum..fizz bob should know. unless he comes here =)

i really would like to try that....your making me want to go to the store and buy it. how much was yours by the way, i seen one for 200 bucks.
                          i just really want to see what im putting down. recently i feel a boost in power at 5k...hehe vtec lol...BS.
                          if u have another car that you are shure of the power rating, id use the gtech with that car to see how accurate it reads.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

what you think ur power rating is fizz?

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Didn't take ya long, fizzbob!

Cool, I'm glad to know that it's pretty accurate. I did it on a fairly level road, but it still had little hills. That could have some effect on the reading, but it shows that it will work on a less-than-ideal road.

The readings are based on G force. When the unit is completely level, it reads 00. When it's tilted, it reads .01, .02, and so on. Reading the G forces created by the Earth's rotation. If I tried to take the reading at say, .10 Gs, I would have a significantly differnt number. Not sure what it would be, but it certainly wouldn't be accurate!

I always complain that Jersey is so flat... We have nothing resembling a mountain in this entire state... However, in the area where I live, it's full of congested, twisty roads that never seem flat. I never noticed that until now!

Last edited by deevergote; 04-26-2004, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X