need an alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need an alarm

well my buddies 2500 dollar system got stolen last thursday and the guy called him the day after to try and sell it back to him for a rip off price..... cops being the assholes they are cant do shit they say.......... FUCK THE PIGS......... anyway he threatened that he would steal my rims and some other ppls systems over the phone, this guy knew everything about us.... so instead of wastng my money i saved up for a subs im gonna buy an alarm. i saw this one alarm on a mustang when u got 2 feet close to it it would start beeping and the closer u got the louder the beep was.... anybody know what kind of alarm that is??? i was checking out ebay and i came across 2 alarms i liked the ones with the pager included... check em out and tell me what u think.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=14934&rd=1

and the second

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=14934&rd=1

let me know your recommendations as well, thanks a lot....

look at vipers paging alarms..they are nice and u can get a back up battery...

with the ones u have, i see no option for backups...

get at least a compustar or a dei/viper..i like those...

i know viper and compustar has window roll down and cool stuff...but its up to you....look around...

i have, the auto lock, the club, alarm, back up siren, and in progress a fuel cut off switch with a alarm relay
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

i got avital....
      they got batter back up- of course with more money, like any decent alarm system, and if u dont get the point of battery back up.. pm me , ill explain it to ya

Comment

well see around here ppl dont really steal cars, its canada.... im just looking for an alarm that will prevent my system or rims from getting stolen, and the back up thing i dont really know what that is, let me know, and i need opinions on these alarms i found.... comon ppl this is what a board is for....

Comment

wats up
          first of all the battery back-up, is so in case this thief of yours knows what hes doin and he cuts the alarms power cord coming from your battery,, this has a power cord goin to a battery that is usually hidden in your steering column,,, definitely a plus , costs about and extra 50-100$ well worth it,, even though i past it up.. i live in sea-tac washington and should have gotten it, prob will when i get home, just cas so many cars get jacked around here.

and for those alarm systems .. they look real good but the names, i havent heard of before and dont know if i would risk the no-name route... just my opinion

good luck

Comment

i also forgot that i only have about 150 buks US to spend on this soooooooo.... the viper looks lik it might be outa the question...

Comment

heres another one i found it has all the things like gass break sensor, back up battery, and radar.......

Comment

if you want an alarm to protect your rims....make sure you know how high the car has to be lifted in order for the alarm to go off...and as for a paging unit...you have to remember that it'll only work if your within range...if you at home its no problem...but if your out at the mall it might be a problem...and last...i'm not sure if i read this or not...but who gonna install it???

and if you have the cash...throw in horn honk(that allows the factory horn to go off with the alarm...)

peace

Head Games Intl

Comment

if your going to get a good alarm, dont go cheap....you might as well save up for it cause it will last you a while...

o and it costs money to put it in =)

just get a pitt bull in ur car and you will be fine
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

what makes u think its a cheapo alarm, is it cuz of the price??? maybe its a company thats just getting on their feet. it comes with a warranty, and the seller states that the customers were all satisfied.... im kinda clueless cuz i dont know much about alarms and i really need one badly....

and has anyone heard of black widow alarms???

Comment

every alarm comes with a warranty...BUT....a good majority of the alarms that you buy over the net will have a voided warranty because you didn't buy it from an authorized dealer or you didn't have an authorized dealer install...so be careful when you say that they say it has a warranty...i get a lot of that misinformation at my work all the time...

Head Games Intl

Comment

not trying to be a post whore...but the price of the alarms doesn't really matter if it cheap or not...i got mines for like 40 bucks installed...

Head Games Intl

Comment

what about wheel locks? do they actually work?

Comment

alright lets go through this one more time, accordztech u seem like u no what your talking about, gimme a list of things i should look for when im browsing alarms.
                            u no so i can get my shit straight i need to buy an alarm asasp the crime rate here in windsor is goin up like 80 percent and i wanna buy more stereo equipment soon... and when i find one ill check with u guys to see if its a good one, maybe someone can pm a good aution on an alarm that will do the job.... there are also thing i wanna buy and add to the alarm if it dosnt include.... one of those dual zone sensor or whatever, where it warns when someone comes near the car, a glass break sensor, and soething else i forgot what it was...

heres the black widow i found earlier but forgot to post it i like this one a lot it comes with a lot of the features....
                            http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3070285223
                            Last edited by kings_blend; 01-15-2004, 08:40 PM.

Comment

i agree alot with tpham becuase well he works with them. he will respond with some more tomorrow morning...jsut dont go cheap...sorrie cant talk too much at the second -)

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                              X