speaker just stop playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speaker just stop playing

my right rear speaker just stop playing, any1 had this problem?

i never had this problem but check your connections. is your speaker OEM or aftermarket? is your headunit OEM or aftermarket? chances are that one of the wires came loose either at the headunit or at the speaker connection.
    1cor10:31
    - 92 LX coupe
    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

I had this happen to me. I think I blew it because my aftermarket HU is rated at 52 W x 4. So thats 52 watts to each speakers, and I think our OEM speakers are rated for 30? I am not talking about RMS watts here. Well I think I blew mine, and I am saving up to buy aftermarket components and a 4 channel amp.

Comment

You know .. I had the same thing happen to the same speaker you did man ...

It's a 6.5 Cerwin Vega, and when I removed it to test it, it still didnt work, took another one
        and placed the wires to the back and .. walla ..

Luckily, I saw an extra set on eBay awhile back and got um. But I've dealt with old school
        *home audio* my whole life. I've never had this happen myself, and I was really confuesd.

I blew a JBL once, but it still had *audio* .. albeit a garbled audio .. lol .. but ...
        Maybe its the *circuitry* inside the speaker .. ? I was gonna contact CV, and see if they
        had anything to say about it .. maybe even get another one from them .. JBL replaced my
        4310 home woofer for free .......

A Hui Hou !!!
        Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

yes its blown for sure happened to me last month.. i kinda bump my headunit alot and mad bass causing the rear to blow.. but my front speakers are only 15w and its still going.. idunno how the fronts survived and rear didn;t
          http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

Comment

if i turn the car off it come back on for like 15 mins, then shuts off but ewverytime i start it back up its works again

Comment

Could be your head unit. I had one that had the same problem.
              The problem was one of the wires that connect to the Head Unit plug.
              I singled it out to one wire, i believe it was a green one.
              Everytime i moved it the speaker sounded, when i let it go, the speaker
              died.
              So i eneded up selling the Head Unit unit.

Best bet for you is to try to hook up another head unit to see if thats the problem.

140hp Aint Shit on A Heavy Ass Car!

Comment

i know, i had this problem, i replaced my cd player and rewired all the speakers and replaced them all. But it would play than just not play at all, turns out one of the speaker terminals was touching the metal it was mounted to , so that might be something to check out.

Comment

Originally posted by bedinabox
                  i know, i had this problem, i replaced my cd player and rewired all the speakers and replaced them all. But it would play than just not play at all, turns out one of the speaker terminals was touching the metal it was mounted to , so that might be something to check out.
                  if that were the case none of the speakers would be playing. your speaker sounds blown. for a test swap the 2 speakers around, move left to right and right to left. if now your left speaker quits playing its the speaker if the new right doesnt play its your h/u or possibly the wiring to that speaker
                  FA1

Comment

Working...
                  X