Fuse melted in amp....suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAME EXACT THING HAPPENED TO ME!!

i didnt realize it was melted untill i yakned the fuse out and broke the prongs off inside of the amp

heres what coulda happened:

1. you turned it up too loud too fast and the fuse rating was insufficent(sp?) to handle it (my case)

2. one of the speaker wires coulda rubbed together (negative*positive)

3. not a solid power connection (i.e. the B+ terminal was loose)

hope i helped bro!

btw if i didnt have a slushbox, i would so get a short shifta

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

My thoughts, first off the fuse may not have been doing its job! The fuse could have been a cheapo brand where it doesnt matter what amperage it still has the same thickness of resistant lead(or whatever) I seen some fuses at a liquidation place that were cheap and took a closer look and low and behold 5-30 are all exactly alike yet different colours! But there are brands to trust like BUSS and such!
      Youre amp is fine on one sub depending if the amp is bridged or not is how much power the sub will recieve! The gain control on the amp should never exceed 3/4 ever(imo) because then you are amplifying "noise" thus causing the amp to heat up and cause thermal inconvenience to the fuse!lol
      Check the gain!
      What sub do you have again?
      How do you have it wired?
      What is the outdoor temp where you were when fuse melted(sub stopped playing)?
      If you answer me these q's I guarantee I can help!
      ALso mr. lildcb7 I beleive that how fast you turn the volume up has nothing to do with fuse rating, but only thermal and shorts are protected by the amps fuse! Peace
      Last edited by westsideaccord; 07-19-2005, 07:59 PM.

WaC!

Comment

Working...
      X