Tachometer with an aoutomatic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tachometer with an aoutomatic?

One of my neighbors friends has a Tachometer and shift light, but he has an automatic. i thought you only needed one if u were driving a manual. whats the point of having one, other than looking cool.
    CB7 93 LX AT.

MY_CB7

now thats a good question, maybe he wants it for appearance.. but i do have a friend that has a smaller shiftlight setup for spray cause he is running a 75 shot and when he mashes it on the freeway and it drops gear he said that it will hit the rev limiter... he has a H22 TCU (dont know y) so on his f22 he obviously has to let off.. i think i got it right, he was trying to explain it to me...

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

Aftermarket Tach on auto =

Comment

unless his stock tach is broken, there really isn't a reason for it to be there other than for the shift light and looks. you can still benefit from a shift light with an auto.

i have a tach too but i mainly use it for the shift light. my stock tach works too but i don't know which one is more accurate since they differ a bit. i have a manual though .

edit: also aftermarket tachs go higher than the stock one (up to 10k). maybe your neighbor's buddy has a super built motor that he can rev past what the stock tach can measure!
        Last edited by timmy0tool; 06-14-2005, 07:02 PM.
        1cor10:31
        - 92 LX coupe
        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

naw he doesnt have a need for it. He still has hubcaps on his civic hatchback. he just thinks it looks cool,
          CB7 93 LX AT.

MY_CB7

Comment

Working...
          X