DIY keyless entryi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY keyless entryi

i'm looking for a cheap way to get keyless entry. I don't really have the need for an alarm or remote start.

I was just wondering if anyone has ordered from ebay, or bought a keyless entry for cheap from a store and put it in themself. Any ideas on the ease of install?

I know theres threads that touch on this, but they dealt with alarms, which i don't necessarily need.

IT/ network admin for North Eastern Aeronautical Engineering, NEANY Inc. they build UAV's for the navy here, and i just work on their network, been here over a year and stil dont exactly know what they do with the UAV's. its more then just building them as far i know. ..
    Happiness is CR-X shaped

Comment

Originally posted by CRseX
      IT/ network admin for North Eastern Aeronautical Engineering, NEANY Inc. they build UAV's for the navy here, and i just work on their network, been here over a year and stil dont exactly know what they do with the UAV's. its more then just building them as far i know. ..
      ???? hunh??

Comment

what are you looking for exactly like a number pad or door popper keyless entrie?

if your lookin for poppers check up hotrodaccessory on ebay hes a good guy to deal with sells autoloc stuff (deff worth the money nowing it will work every time) as far as installing it if you can do a lil wiring its easy i did mine a while back when i shaved off my handels, has worked ever since.

you will want to look into getting and emergancy relase cable to just in case something happens like leaving your lights on....but i guess this only matters if you shave off the locks on your door??
        Last edited by lowcord; 06-06-2005, 03:22 PM.

Comment

I dunno what the starter's looking for, but I've also been looking for a simple remote lock opener like most new cars have...is there anything I can do for that?

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

so you just need something that will lock or unlock your doors for you correct? go down the circuit city. look for something called valet or something like that, its made by dei and goes for like 40 bucks. hondas are really easy to install on.
            FA1

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater
              so you just need something that will lock or unlock your doors for you correct? go down the circuit city. look for something called valet or something like that, its made by dei and goes for like 40 bucks. hondas are really easy to install on.
              does that come with a trunk popper also?

Click Here for My Member's Page | Free money for searching the web. Needs PayPal account

Comment

Originally posted by shimoto
                does that come with a trunk popper also?
                The trunk popper is an entirely different issue. Our cars use a cable operated trunk release, not an electric one. So you would need to put in a servo or something to pull the cable when you push the button. I havent gone that far yet, but I may in the near future...
                I have an alarm on my car with keyless entry and I haven't put the key in the door in over a year! The only time I had to was when I replaced the ignition switch and hadn't hooked the alarm back up yet. But then the electric door locks didn't work anyway, since they now go through the alarm box... But keyless entry is SOOOOO nice to have! And not that difficult to install
                Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

I feel like there would just be some kind of relay replacement that would do the trick...do you have to splice into the actual lock lines to install keyless entry?

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i have a keyless entry on my trunk...all it does in unlock/lock... theres no alarm. it was like 50 bucks at a custom shop near my house its made by autoloc, good shit. but you can only use it if you have power locks, if you dont have them u need to install them before you install a keyless entry. hope that helps.
                    In memory of Jameel Johnson 4.30.05--You will never be forgotten...

MY Car

HydroDunk Mixtapes...check it out

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                      I feel like there would just be some kind of relay replacement that would do the trick...do you have to splice into the actual lock lines to install keyless entry?
                      you should just have to tap into the factory wires..
                      most alarms-keyless entry have a negative output, so you dont even need a relay. the honda factory doorlocks work off a neg. trigger.

basic wires on keyless
                      power
                      ignition
                      ground
                      park lights(flash)
                      door lock
                      door unlock
                      everthing is located on the drivers dash (power)& kickpanel (lock wires)

91 ex 1badwag
                      91 lx wag (aka the beater)
                      92 ex 4-door
                      HONDA...its not just a way of life...its an ADDICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sounds simple enough...for the locks anyway. Do they have systems that open and close windows/sunroofs too?

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                          Sounds simple enough...for the locks anyway. Do they have systems that open and close windows/sunroofs too?
                          yes but now you are getting into the more expensive and difficult alarms. i have remote start on mine and was thinking about adding the windows, but i am very lazy.
                          FA1

Comment

Working...
                          X