Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I get a speaker box built for cheapo-deapo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I get a speaker box built for cheapo-deapo?

I want to build a box for 4 8" woofers...is there anywhere I could go to build the box? I know there are tool rental places...would they have stuff like table saws and that tool for cutting holes (I think its called a router?)? I know about speaker design and all that, just curious to see if anyone knows what I can do.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

I have a link for ya, it should give you a few project ideas:
    http://www.diysubwoofers.org/caraudio.htm
    Parts for your project:
    www.PartsExpress.com

All you really need is a compus to make a perfect circle, a drill (for a pilot hole) and a jigsaw if you don't have access to a router.
    if you DO have a router:
    http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...44&rak=365-255
    ~~~~~~~

Comment

ok email www.sonicblisscaraudio.com well help you out!
      To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Four 8's? That's my style man, I love that tight, popping bass sound! I'd like to know what you think after you get it done, preferably with pictures.
        -Jay

Comment

Well I want the whole thing to be ported, but here's the thing: I don't have the specs (Vas, port dimensions, etc.) on the woofers. All I know is that they're 8", and they have a decent response that goes pretty low in the frequency range, so I figure it's worth it. I'm prob. gonna still go with 2 12"s in a sealed or bandpass box, but it should be a fun adventure...

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
            How are you going to build a box without Thiele-Small parameters?
            search for a program called WinISD. The program should have everything you need for your subwoofers specs and you can just enter the box info you want.

Comment

Well there's a way to test the parameters with an oscilloscope and a multimeter...I'm an engineer so I really should have an oscilloscope, but more importantly my school has dozens so I'll do the tests there...but it'll be an ongoing thing.

Comment

Working...
              X