How are Blaupunkt speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are Blaupunkt speakers?

I'm just going to run speakers off my HU, but I want a component system in the front, so I can actually hear the highs (and not have them aimed at my legs... haha).

I'm on a tight budget, and I can get Blaupunkt components for a good price. RMS is 60W, max 180W, so I don't see any problems with it being distored from my 50w x 4 HU. How is the sound quality? I'm not looking for it to sound like Infinity's (my friend's Teg has em ), but just good sound, to accompany the sub I took out of my old car.

I'm thinking of getting their PCc650 components, and their 2-way (or were they 3-ways?) 6.5s for the rear. Might as well match the front/rear speakers.

Any comments?
    Last edited by J-Money; 05-14-2005, 11:23 PM.

blaupunkt speakers are fine...

but i would never recommend running component speakers without an amplifier. you won't be able reach their full potential without one (i.e. they won't sound as good nor as loud nor as clear as they should).

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

I would never put them in my car. But since your on a tight budget and you can get them for a good price I say go for it. Just amp them.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
      91 accord lx (5spd)
      92 accord lx (5spd)
      93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

Originally posted by 92CB7accord
        I would never put them in my car. But since your on a tight budget and you can get them for a good price I say go for it. Just amp them.
        could you explain why. i hear good things about blaupukt systems.. not best out there but pretty good for price i believe..

then again im no audio guy so what do i know.

Comment

I had 'em in my doors, sounded like crap and get blown pretty easy...my advice get some sony explods from ebay for like $45 shipped. I have 600Watt Blaupunkt 12" sub along with a 12" 800 watt Pioneer and its sounds great...Subs are good.. speakers are crappy..thats my opinion.
          1993 Accord LX - Sold
          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

go to the store where they have some of the speakers out on display where u can actually test them b/c asking someone about some type of speaker wont justify your taste in what may sound good to you.

Comment

Just like accordtunerZZ said, they blow easy and don't sound that great. You get what you pay for, thats all I got to say. Everyone has their own sound preference, and when you go into sound staging, blaupukt doesn't cut it. They don't have good mids either. Thats just me. Prove me wrong and show me a kickass blaupukt system!

Midwest car club

Current rides:
              91 accord lx (5spd)
              92 accord lx (5spd)
              93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

Yeah, you guys are right; I will go to a store and listen to them, and even see if they could let me hear them un-amped.

I do have a 4-channel Sony Xplod amp which is 200W, but it kinda stopped working, probably cuz I mounted it backwards (facing down). I don't know if it's working now; I'll have to get it tested, but if my amp is working, would the blaupunkt be satisfying? I know, I'l check them out at the store, but I went through the "What speakers are in your car" thread, and a bunch had posted blaupunkt.

What's so bad with them? They distort? They blow easily? Maybe yours blew easily cuz they were over-powered/unter-powered?

I'll check em out at the store, but hows the durability of them?

Comment

Well I didn't know what the hell Blaupunkt was until my mom bought speakers for her car like 5 years ago. I asked her why she got some "no name brand" and she laughed pretty hard in my face. Apparently they're big in Germany (go figure on the name drrr) and she had them in her vw bug back in the day. I thought they sounded like decent aftermarket speakers. I've definately heard worse, and she wasn't running an amp.

"Sticker this, censor this, ban this
                  We got something to say!
                  Police this, condemn this, damn this
                  We'll be heard anyway!
                  Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm silenced!" - MuDvAyNe, "Silenced"

Comment

Hmm...
                    Are there any components that are good, but aren't priced super high? I'm bidding on some Infinity's now, and hopefully it won't go over my budget... hahaha.

Should I opt for a 2-way speaker and just buy tweeters and crossovers after? Would that sound a bit awkward, since the 2-ways already have a tweet? Haha, sorry for all the questions, I just want to be sure of what I'm buying.

Comment

just spend all the money for all speakers (front and back) on just the front component set. From my personal experience, rear speakers dont do a whole lot, and you are better off just getting the componant set up front. I dont know what your budget is, but i think my friend is selling his jl audio componants for like 190 or something....lol

Comment

i have a pair of alpine type-r's in the back of my car for 6.5 rear speakers and they sound great. i got them off ebay for 100 bucks+shipping, and thats pretty darn good for speakers that have a tweeter in them and that are such good quality. However, they are a little deep in the rear, so i couldnt use the regular OEM speaker housing *ordering speaker housing from Soy sometime*. I would get the blaupunkt system, if your on a tight budget, but also check the classifieds on here and ebay. I have a blaupunkt headunit and it doesnt sounds horribel at all, so i dont know why some people are bashing blaupunkt, there stuff is equivalent in many ways to pionerr and such, good luck and post pics of whatever you decide to get
                        Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

I had 2 10" Blaupunkt subs (well, I still do have them, they've just been in storage for about 5 years or so) and they sounded good. I also have Blaupunkt 6.5"s I think and they sounded good also, and I didnt have them amped. The subs were amped, but not the 6.5s. I never had any problems out of them either.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Money
                            I'm just going to run speakers off my HU, but I want a component system in the front, so I can actually hear the highs (and not have them aimed at my legs... haha).

I'm on a tight budget, and I can get Blaupunkt components for a good price. RMS is 60W, max 180W, so I don't see any problems with it being distored from my 50w x 4 HU. How is the sound quality? I'm not looking for it to sound like Infinity's (my friend's Teg has em ), but just good sound, to accompany the sub I took out of my old car.

I'm thinking of getting their PCc650 components, and their 2-way (or were they 3-ways?) 6.5s for the rear. Might as well match the front/rear speakers.

Any comments?
                            I just replaced all for of mine with 6 1/2 Sony Explodes 3 ways all I have is a 2002 Alpine cd player 45 x 4 and it sounds clear good bass ( not hittin no decibals but good). Especially for a low budget I bought mine at Walmart for $45 for a pair. I like them better than JBL and Pioneer.

Comment

I'll never buy another sony car stereo part as long as I live. I cant stand those pieces of crap. Nothing but problems with them.

I'll stick with my Pioneer deck and infinity/polk audio speakers.

Comment

Working...
                              X