speaker malfunctioning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speaker malfunctioning?

I've had this problem in my car for a while now. Most of the time, my driver's side front speaker is dead....but sometimes, it comes on. but it's rare. I've checked everything from the wiring and I have no clue what else I would check. I've shook the wires around, checked the fuses.....nothing seems to be wrong.

help please

did u check the wires in the door? do u have a stock deck?

if you have a stock deck that is usually an issue with the deck itself, i think alot of people had that problem

did u ever try to mess with the wiring when the music is playing to try and pinpoint the issue?

hehe if its a really weird problem, just run a whole new speaker line =)
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

id say bad speaker, most likely a connection on the speaker itself, just replace it.
      FA1

Comment

I would agree^^^^^^. It has happened to two different times with two differnt friends with CB7's. You should try moving the wires connected to the speaker while listing to music. That will tell you if you have a loose connection.
        Girls are like yellow lights, do i go for it or do i stop?

Comment

i've tried that, still no sign of loose wiring.

although i do have a 99 gsr cd player. but before it didn't do that

Comment

have you pulled the deck and checked the connections back there?
            RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

so u have a stock or aftermarket stereo in there..if its stock it most likely is the connection at the deck.
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

It's the wiring from the dash wiring harness on out to the speakers. This happens often enough.

Just replace all the wiring. They string it with freakin' dental floss anyway.
                Bart: What's your name?
                Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

Comment

Working...
                X