Rear Deck Speaker Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Deck Speaker Problem

I recentlu bought Polk Audio DB6520 6.5s to replace the JBL's that were blown when i bought the car. My question is how the hell do i get them to fit. they are 6.5s but they are a slightly larger profile the the JBLs.

Anyone else came accross this please let me know

???? i have 6x9 in mine and they fit perfect

1966 Chevy Nova
    1974 Super Beetle
    2012 Ford Super Cobra Jet
    2004 Honda Element
    2004 Honda Ruckus
    2003 Honda Ruckus

www.weezoonline.com
    www.facebook.com/weezoonline

Comment

What model car do you have in the first place? And if those are 3 way speakers and the tweets are too high they will not fit and also check the trunk for the bar to goes straight across most speakers dont clear it and it needs to be cut a bit.

Comment

its a 90 accord LX and it uses 6.5 speakers in the rear deck. my problem is that they dont fit in the pods that attach to the deck. the leads hit against the sides of the metal therefore shorting them out when i hit bumps or the brakes.

Comment

use tape to cover the wire tabs.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
            use tape to cover the wire tabs.
            thats well and good but the speaker still bounces around because it doesnt correctly fit in the pod so i get an annoying rattle. this is wierd becauseboth speakers are 6.5s but three i have tryed to replace the JBL with are to large to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by 90accordman
              thats well and good but the speaker still bounces around because it doesnt correctly fit in the pod so i get an annoying rattle. this is wierd becauseboth speakers are 6.5s but three i have tryed to replace the JBL with are to large to fit.
              all speakers are not created equal. just because it is 6.5 inches wide, doesn't mean the depth is appropriate for the car.

solutions (in no particular order of preference or cost):
              1. you can use a "spacer" of sorts to rectify the problem
              2. cut the small bars in the trunk if those are impeding the depth
              3. buy new speakers, using crutchfield's speaker guide to let you know what will fit easily.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

i had the same problem i acculy took my pods and shaved the insides out about half an inch till u get to the egde of the thing that u screw in the gold thread the screws to bolt them down go all the way around then try to line the whole up if they dont all line up one then get some small self tapping screws and make your own holes and look at the clearnece with the rod from the suporter to the trunk mine sitts right next to it just clears it and it sitts past the rod very big magnet

(\__/)
                (O.o )
                (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

the speakers might of come wiht a ring that is to mount, that is how infinities are as well...if not maybe u can get a few washers and space it..then fill in the gaps with some foam or something.
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

the problem wasnt depth it was circumference of the basket that wouldnt fit my pods. I ground the crap out of them and they fit in the pods now, just to see if they fit in the car now since its not here at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                    X