No announcement yet.

Security system..with remote starter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some companies claim that it won't remote start if the cars in first gear...but those things are never full proof...

Head Games Intl

Comment

Any good company, does not sell a remote start for use with manual trans anymore. As far as someone said remote start messing up the computer, this maybe if its cheap and over cranks. If its over cranking already, you can only imgine what else its doing. I have had remote start on quite a few vehicles, and never once had a problem. As well as I install them almost everyday, but a good remote start and alarm set up is the Viper Esp550r. Run you around 379 plus a dei 8611 mercury kill switch for 12 bucks. Now, as far as doing them on a manual, I have seen a few done. One on a 91 beretta gt that took 10 hours, the other a 95 s10 that took 6 hours. If you dont decide to go with remote start, atleast go with a good alarm system. Viper is #1 in my eyes, plus they offer a life time warranty. Let me know if you need any help with making a choice, to wiring it.
      Peace

Comment

the viper 550esp is a very good model...but i believe you can get it for a cheap price cause that model has been discontinued and replaced by the viper 560xv with smaller remotes...

Head Games Intl

Comment

I can get the unit itself for around 200. If someone wants one let me know. I will ship it you!

Comment

Well, I dont know about everybody else, but I would put a remote start on my 5 speed. Some companies claim that the car will not start if its in gear, but I probably would not trust it all the way. Now I read on AT the one dude put a magnetic sensor relay on the shifter and a reciever below it. So like if the car is in neutral the sensors are aligned and the car will start, but if its in gear the sensors wont line up and the car wont start. If I can get in contact with the person and figured out how he did it I would definetly get the remote start.

Comment

Working...
            X