Security system..with remote starter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security system..with remote starter?

I wish to know where I might find a good security system for my baby. It sits in hte driveway, and with rims on it..it just looks suspiciously easy to rip off. So, I want a good security system, preferably with a remote start for manual (I just leave it in neutral, and it will not matter?). Winters can get cold here, and this feature will save my life. I think Viper and or Bulldog is the best out there. Someone please help me in the right direction. What fdeatures should I look for, and what will be the most bang for the buck? Thanks..I need links, nad ideas..please!

-A. Swift
    CB7 member number 137
    Black Doubt Crew member #2
    Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

if i were you id try ebay, they got good prices on alarms. i wouldnt get the remote start thoug i heard from a mechanic it can fuck up ur computer and the electronics in the vehicle.... just be a man and start ur own car, dont get some piece of shit to do it for you...

Comment

i dont think leaving it in neutral will start it. You have to push the clutch in too. I've never seen a remote start for a manual, but with enough money, anything is possible. And like kings said, it wont hurt to start your own car, the cold isnt that bad.
      2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
      2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

It is possible. There is something that tricks the ecu into thinking that it is pushed. However nobody will do it for you because it is illegal since somebody was killed because it was in gear. You would have to do it yourself.

Comment

I just bought a Compustart 2WSSR with the AS controle module, its a very good system on the expensive side but you can downgrade ot a 1W series remote, has evrything you need, manual transmision Starter, alarm, unlock and lock +++ check out www.compustar.org

Comment

Originally posted by kings_blend
            if i were you id try ebay, they got good prices on alarms. i wouldnt get the remote start thoug i heard from a mechanic it can fuck up ur computer and the electronics in the vehicle.... just be a man and start ur own car, dont get some piece of shit to do it for you...
            also to add onto this the bay ones use the same frequency as garage door openers so if some one down the street just happens to have the same code as you do when they open their garage door with the remote might set off your alarm or unlock your doors or even start your car lol

Comment

its not too hard to trick the computer into thinking that the clutch is down... there is a switch, and mine broke, so i just jumped those wires, and now i dont need to push in the clutch to start. You would just have to be in the habit of leaving it in neutral.

Comment

Buy a Viper, Clifford, or Avital they are all the same thing now a days and excellent quality.

Never put a remote start alarm on a 5-speed car. Yes it's easy to bypass the clutch with some relays to keep it operational and your cruise control working but consider the latter.

You may always leave your car in neutral, but what about the one time you lend your car out to someone? What if they leave it in gear in the parking lot at K-Mart and when they are returning to the car being unfamilier with the alarm remote they accidentally remote start the vehicle rather then disarm the alarm and the car goes lurching forward and injures someone, worst yet a child. Fuck that, not worth it. You can say "that will never happen to me", well guess what shit like that does happen, all the time. So if you can aviod itm why wouldn't you?

I'll tell you a true story about myself, I owned a 1993 Acura Legend LS 6-Speed Coupe, I had a decked out Viper 900 Ultra in it with every option on earth including remote start. Well one day my Dad moved my car while I was at there house and he left it in gear, when he went to move the car again he accidentally remote started the car and the car went driving right threw the garage and luckly got pinned on some car ramps we had inside the garage so it was no longer able to move.

The damage to the house was minor, the damage to the car not as bad, but the lesson learned great. Never say it won't happen, stupid shit always happens it's just a question of when. Atleast no one was hurt but you must consider the worst possible situation.

Protect your car, but don't equip it with a feature that could possibly injure someone else, not to mention it's illegal as hell.
                My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

remote start really isn't a good idea for a 5-speed, my friend left his in gear and started it and his car went straight into a brick wall....not very pretty...whatever you do just be carefull...but i would suggest the viper or clifford even though there the exact same

Head Games Intl

Comment

viper and clifford are now the same exact thing....
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

but one cost more than the other....

Head Games Intl

Comment

i agree with busted and I have an Avital 2300
                        havent had a prob so far, but left like a week after i got it installed
                        but yeah car alarms are cool

Comment

yea i just purchased an alarm for my car.. got it off this website... its a prestige (made by audiovox)... it includes a remote start and alarm goodies... one thing i look for is whether the company will give you money if your car is stolen with the alarm installed... if my car is stolen again i can get up to $2500.. heres the link... still waitin to get my car back so i can get this installed...

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?...ore=&catid=297

o and its an automatic so i dont have to worry about that gear problem...

ppi
                          DD: 1998 Honda Civic EX Coupe
                          PC: *searching*

Comment

thanks for the info guys, didn't realize a remote start feature on a 5 spd, could launch it on start up unsuspectedly....never thought of it that far. I wanted this for winter (warm up my car to prevent cold startups)

oh well, just have to get out there 5-10 min before drivin it off

now if they could only make a remote start, that will automatically put the car in an electronic neutral state until the key is inserted into the ignition...now that'd be tight...it'd prevent peeps that don't know bout ur car from launchin into a wall or somebody

now if you get in the car with key in ignition and have it in gear and hit something...we'll u just don't know how to drive a stick
                            Last edited by HondaFan81; 01-03-2004, 07:03 AM.
                            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

oh yea, if someone comes out with this idea....i get 50% of all income
                              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                              X