Any one know a way to make SMD/SMT LEDS less bright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any one know a way to make SMD/SMT LEDS less bright

So I used a micrometer and found that the neo wedge 3,4,5 from super bright leds fit our switches and ac controls. The ac controls went great out side of the one hot spot on the down floor vents.

The cruise control and rear defrost indicator lights will blind you. Looking for a way to dim this. Not sure If I can sand or if plastic on top would melt. And if plastic not sure what kind or color.

Any one every sanded a smd led or use plastic to dim them. Looking for your input. Was thinking abut nail polish but not sure what to do with it lol.

THanks

make a dimmer with pulse width modulation or hard stunt them with more resistors, or make a buck converter that drops the 12v or w/e to like 6 or 7 or w/e you please.

triple nickle beyatch.

heres a dc/dc buck for 5v

you can probably safely remove the ballast resistors if using the buck, and maybe lower their values or remove with the pwm.

Comment

He's right. ^^^

I wouldn't sand any smt component. I would throw in a simple current limiting resistor on the main line that powers the LEDs.

If you feel like mastering the 555, do it. It's an invaluable piece of equipment.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
      X