normal resting battery voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

normal resting battery voltage

I have been monitoring my electrical pretty closely due to the SPAL fans I installed. What is the normal battery voltage for a good battery?
    And what is bad?

I have checked it numerous times over the past week. After I shut off the car the voltage is 12.6 and after 3 hours it is about 12.3.

The next day the voltage is 12.1. To me this seems low.

steve

What kind of battery do you have and what are the specs on it? I would think anything under 11.5 ish volts is low. At least for a lead acid/agm battery.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

It's a duralast gold 34 series.
      It's only about 12 months old. I have been reading on the net about people's resting voltage being around 12.6-12.8. So 12.1 seemed a little low.
      I got a discount code from advance which is where I get most of my parts from so I used it on their AGM 24 series battery. So hopefully I will get better luck.
      My first choice was xs power but $140 compared to $320 was a no brainer for me.

Steve

Comment

12.1v is a low state of charge. At 11.5 thats to low.

Its duralast. If its red u have 2 year replacment. Take it in and they will test.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
        X