subwoofer box finish question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

subwoofer box finish question

Building a single 10" sealed box for the rear of my wagon. Structure done, now to make it look nice. Seen the typical black carpet or vinyl. I thought of using truck bed liner from an arasol can. Would that affect the sound quality produced from the box?
    Kyle C

2002 Accord Sedan EX - standard- daily status

1991 Accord Wagon LX - auto - 304K & slipping transmission

Not really unless you used some cheap ass wood. Just remember that texture will be gripping your carpet, so you may get carpet lint on it from time to time.

A correctly tuned box, with a 10'' in it will blow 12'' woofers away.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

... and a 12" in a correctly tuned box will blow away a 10"

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
      It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

haha IMO, a 12 does sound sloppy.

But I would love to hear a 12 in a proper box. Its been so long since I have. I just love the tightness of 10's.

Have you ever heard 8'' woofers hit in a sealed box? OMG WTF lol
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

A friend of mine got bored once and put a pair of 6x9's mounted facing eachother inside this ported box he made. Had it in his eclipse before he got 2 15"s. Those sounded like it could pass as a 10".

I want a solobaric. I like the way they look when they flex

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
          It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

15s and 18s for me. Cone area + low inductance = "fast" Anything else should just be a mid.

Technically, it will affect the sound. You probably won't notice it though.

Edit: People paint deadener or some form of it inside the box to stop it from resonating as much. Painting will help, not harm. Again, you may not notice.
            Last edited by sonikaccord; 03-04-2014, 10:53 AM.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

the bedliner will attenuate box resonance = good.
              you can paint over it too if you like colors

Not mine but you can see itll look good and be durable. MDF needs to be sealed somehow or itll act like a big sponge absorbing water and fall apart.
              Baltic birch plywood is also a good material, just dont use the cheap plywood or if you do brace accordingly

Comment

Working...
              X