Reverse lights stuck on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse lights stuck on

Anytime my ignition is on or my car is running my reverse lights are stuck on.
    Putting it in to or out of reverse will make a quick flash then continue to be on.

I just replaced the backup light switch on the transmission with a brand new one and they're still stuck on.
    I've been running with the bulbs removed for a while now and really want to get them working for safety reasons.

Could it be something wrong with the shifter?
    Anywhere else to look?

I have a 5-speed trans.

RIP my last two CB7s.
    New rides:
    '82 Volvo 245 drift project
    '87 Volvo 244 daily
    Born2DieApparel.com

Electrical issues seem to find me quite easily.

Took out the clock today to try and get the display to illuminate red (no luck).

When I put it back in i turned on the ignition to test and now my stereo speakers don't work. I can hear the sub in my trunk still playing fine but no speakers. Pulled stereo out and all of the wires look fine. Pulled some of the twist nuts off and re-secured them just in case... still nothing but bass.

What a headache...

RIP my last two CB7s.
    New rides:
    '87 Volvo 244 daily
    Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

To get the clock to illuminate amber which is what you were going for, no? You need to remove the blue film from the clock and then it should glow white...you can insert any color film after that for custom glow.

OR

You could just grab an ITR clock and it'll be amber, or any DC2 clock and it'll be white and you can swap out the films. The DC2/ITR clocks are direct replacements.

As for your speakers..that's really weird and they shouldn't have been affected by the clock being removed. The reverse lights..can't really help you their either. Maybe a google search on that would be more help than just searching cb7tuner.

EDIT: this should help you with the reverse lights being on. It's for an EF civic but they're in the same boat as you and have a 5 speed manual.

http://m.honda-tech.com/showthread.p...065&styleid=14
      Last edited by ThatOneAccord; 02-10-2014, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneAccord View Post
        To get the clock to illuminate amber which is what you were going for, no? You need to remove the blue film from the clock and then it should glow white...you can insert any color film after that for custom glow.

As for your speakers..that's really weird and they shouldn't have been affected by the clock being removed. The reverse lights..can't really help you their either. Maybe a google search on that would be more help than just searching cb7tuner.

EDIT: this should help you with the reverse lights being on. It's for an EF civic but they're in the same boat as you and have a 5 speed manual.

http://m.honda-tech.com/showthread.p...065&styleid=14
        Well I removed the blue film then used layers of red sharpie colored clear film to make it the lens red. Still glows white somehow.

I totally agree about how weird it is, I literally only pulled the clock out and put it back in, I had heard audio from the speakers right before pulling the clock.

So far all any of my searching has told me is to replace that sensor... Which I did. Going to try and test the sensor today, when/if the wind stops blowing 75+ mph.

RIP my last two CB7s.
        New rides:
        '87 Volvo 244 daily
        Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

Well I was able to get my reverse lights working properly. I'm thinking the issue is with the size of the plunger on aftermarket reverse switches. I had to put an extra washer in and get it tightened down just right to work properly.

Speakers are still not working though. Pulled all of the wires and reconnected them with twist nuts and tape... Still nothing.

RIP my last two CB7s.
          New rides:
          '87 Volvo 244 daily
          Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

Might be a fuse?

Comment

Working...
            X