Strange Alarm Acting Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Alarm Acting Up

I am quite good at electrical installs on most things in vehicles Radio's/ Speakers, Guage Cluster's, Map Lights so on
    I did a self install of a Avital 5303 I think back in February or March and It has worked flawlessly always starts the car up with auto start, Locks unlocks fine never a single problem.
    The problem now
    Tonight I went to a Christmas Presentation at my church. I arrive early to things like this for parking reason's
    1. Got out of the car and proceded to lock the car ( Car gave a noticeably quieter chirp than normal, and the Parking lights flashed dimly)
    2 . Unlocked the car to see if I was just imagining things ( Car gave another 2 chirps for unlock and the 2 dim flashes of light from the parking lights)
    3 Started car to see if it was my battery and it was not
    4 Disconnected the battery for 5 mins and re connected (No Change in the alarm's behavior)
    5 Locked the car and walked away to the service (Status light blinked fine with no codes)
    6 After the service Attempted to auto start the car ( came back to the parking lights flickering and the starter clicking like a relay)
    7 Unlocked the car and quit the auto start command (by pressing the brake)
    8 Un plugged the module and had to jump some wires because of my unique install to start my car without the power to the Alarm (It did start fine at that point)

I am so confused why It decided to go skitso on me all of a sudden and I cannot find a phone number for Avital Any ideas of where to go or what went wrong let me know. All wiring was not touched between it working fine and tonight let me know what I can do
    Thank you

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
    Do it once, do it right.
    Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
    Missing My
    White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
    Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Relays sound fine in the alarm? Check your voltages at the alarm for power. The siren being weak sounds like the alarm is dying.

Isn't Avital part of DEI?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I agree with sonik about the alarm dying. Happened to me in an old car I had.
      http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Yeah Avital is a DEI product as this current one has the Directed name on the brain and comes with a DEI dubble guard shock sensor. Well after I had it disconnected for about 32 hours I re connected it just to see what would happen and it has worked fine since just had a hickup when I connected it as it remembered me physically unlocking the door with the key and opening it wich i turned off with the clicker and it also today once insted of a chirp for the lock it did a siren bewoop bewoop (if that makes any sense) I'm curious if this is the start to something bigger and unfortunately DEI does not validate warranty if not professionally installed (but I only chopped of the ends of my professionally installed 3303 I had and sautered on to those existing wires and ran the extra auto start wires as needed)
        I would not mind having to buy another 5303 just to use the brain but the box full of wires would be useless but like its always said don't fix it unless it's broke

Do it once, do it right.
        Missing My
        Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

freaking great no I sound like I stole my own car ..... Parking lights or headlights on and a faint siren going off sounds. I tested it stopped turned my lights off it quit turned them on it started to sound even when I lock the car. Everything else works fine as it should..... man I had a few days of a perfectly good working alarm day and night looks like I will be Actualy contacting Avital (Directed)

Do it once, do it right.
          Missing My
          Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Do you have a multimeter? Can you also post the wiring diagram?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Wow I have never had a problem with a ground wire until now. As most know ground wires are a must for anything electrical and within at least my avital when the ground wire is lost it uses the siren as its ground to keep working, This makes these odd scenario's as I should have figured just didn't want to dig to my alarm brain to fix the broken ground wire. While i'm back into electronics I am now going to fix my diodes for the door lights for my 98 cluster they came lose and I'm working on a project that I will make a post about later once it's finished in a few days or so. And If anyone need's the wireing for this alarm let me know I can post it up

Do it once, do it right.
              Missing My
              Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

I was about to say, bad grounds. Seen it very few times in my alarm installing life. Its something that's always overlooked.

In my life I had only 2 dei alarms go bad. I also only seen 3 bosch or tyco or potter and brumfield relays go bad as well. And we are talking 10+ years

These alarms use quality stuff.
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Yeah some how it came lose from where I have it mounted did not expect this from a alarm but on the other hand it makes sense that I would use whatever ground needed to stay running I guess But I have the ground more secure this time around and I chose avital not purely for the bang for the buck but that it was a DEI product. My buddy put a $26.00 alarm into his tahoe and even after ripping that out and getting a code alarm the left blinker indicator on the dash stay's lit when the lights are on......

Do it once, do it right.
                  Missing My
                  Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

For your friends car it can be a number of things. If it was a newer model past 20106 then he could of used the wrong resistance to light up the park I light circuit. Id disconnect any wire that has to do with the parking light from the brain and see if the problem is still there. Then go from there.
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                    X