Button Under Hood Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Button Under Hood Release

As I was stripping the interior, I get to the panel that cover the fuse box and as I was removing it I discover this little black button behind the hood release latch. What is it for? No pics of it but it is a small black button no more than 6mm wide.
    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
    As I was stripping the interior, I get to the panel that cover the fuse box and as I was removing it I discover this little black button behind the hood release latch. What is it for? No pics of it but it is a small black button no more than 6mm wide.
    sounds like a button the previous owner installed. that doesn't sound factory.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Could be. I have a second computer box under the driver seat, and I think that is not factory, so maybe those two are related.

Comment

Alarm valet button?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
        It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Valet switch most likely. Does your car, or has your car, ever had an OEM security system?

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

It does, but not operable.

Comment

That computer box under the seat should say security or alarm system. It should be
              The security brain.

Comment

Working...
              X