Good 4ch amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good 4ch amp

Now that I have the alarm installed. I am searching for a goo 4 channel amp. This will power some 6.5 components in the front and 6x9 in the rear.
    I'm running 4ga power and ground wire. 160 amp alt and a duralast gold top battery. I just redid all grounds and power with knu 4 ga soldered all the connections.

That out of the way. I currently have an older alpine(not the good ones) f350 maybe?.
    What I want is something that will power the above speakers. Run around 100 rms maybe 75. Be fairly efficient so it won't tax my charging system.

Currently I have looked at rockford P and T, amazon has a t400 for $250 and alpine pdx 100 $330ish

My budget is $250-$400.

My headunit is a pioner avh-500.

thanks as always.

steve

I have installed both f4 and f6 and they do pretty well. The f6 has the power if you like it loud. Rockfords have plenty of power but haven't used them with quality speakers to give an honest opinion on sound quality.

Focal Solid 4 are $200 on amazon. Not sure how efficient they are, but the others are not as efficient as you would think.
    Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

400w won't do much taxing anyway. You won't pull much current from a highs amp unless you don't like your hearing. You can pretty much pick any 4 channel that isn't complete garbage.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Guess I should have said my music preference is rock. 80's and 90's. Not into a lot of bass.
        I do have a small 8 inch sub as well.

Comment

Ok so you like a fairly strong kick drum, with bass guitar "presence" on the low end, right?
          A thick lower midrange, recessed upper midrange so guitar and male vocals will be intelligible?
          Not over exaggerated highs for cymbals and snare to give attack without making your ears bleed?

I would recommend personally going used on amplifiers, esp highs amplifiers since they are less likely to be abused like the sub amps are.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Well. I want clear and crisp. With some bass.

Basically I want clarity. You obv know more than me.

Do you think I would benefit more from some sound deadening. IE dampener and MLV rather than a new amp?

steve

Comment

It would clean up your sound, esp your midbass. I would recommend doing both amp and deadening.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

ok. In your opinion should my current alpine 4ch amp be good enough.

Comment

F series are not very good for sound quality. I replaced a f series with a zapco running 4 alpine type r 6x9 in an topless/windowless samurai, the customer said there was a huge difference. I replaced the amp due to physical size requirements, the customer would not know zapco from jet sound and was plenty happy with alpine before it was replaced.

Without knowing which speakers you have, it is hard to know if you should sound deaden or change amp first
                  Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

kenowood 6.5 components and infinity 6.5 in the rear. For now.

I too am not feeling like this amp sounds that great.

Comment

IMO, I feel you should deaden and seal the holes in your door with aluminum flashing and butyl rubber strip so it is removable just in case you need to access your regulator and stuff. This will give a substantial increase in bass from your components because you are turning your door into something that the speaker sees as an enclosure AND there will be less cancellation from the rear of the speaker AND you are reducing panel resonance from interfering with the sound from the speaker. (Reminds me of that 'and is better' commercial, ha)

If you change your amp you may still have the same issues, if you do seal and deaden your door it is a guaranteed improvement. Our stock doors are crap as an enclosure, when I had my Dayton RS225s shoehorned in the deadened door it was clean and loud and it shook the living hell out of my mirrors on the upper bass notes. It didn't do that when they weren't deadened. That's my life's story.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I guess I'll change my approach and deaden the doors and the floor. Then If I'm not happy I'll change the amp. Or maybe I'll just change the amp and do this.
                        I've been debating the deadening for a while, but I'm a little worried about the wires under the carpet and getting it mixed up.

I guess I can manage that. Its just easier to slap an amp in and call it a day.

steve

Comment

Mixing wires? You'll be fine. As soon as you lay down your first couple of pieces, you'll be on a roll

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                          X