Alarm install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarm install

So I have an older black widow alarm. The alarm works fine. 3 channel I think. Dome lights and parking lights come on when you arm and locks all doors. And I recently wired in a trunk pop.
    The trunk nor the hood are sensored on this alarm.
    I Have had the alarm for years. I put it on about a month or two after I bought the car, 15+ years ago.

The problem I have is the remotes have all taken a shit on me. All but one. They are hard to find and black widow only sells the two button remote and I like the 3 button remote.

So how hard would it be to install a Viper 3305 in my car? I have the wiring diagram for the old black widow Alarm. I am thinking it should be just a matter of taping into the wiring already there. But nothing is ever quite that easy.

I have installed numerous amps, did the big 3, bb6 cluster swap. So I don't think I'm getting in over my head. But somebody who has done this let me know If I am.

Lastly I should be able to tap into the trunk sensor somehwere to get the trunk to alarm when opened, but I don't think Our cars have a hood sensor. So could I just get a simple push button switch and put it in the engine bay and wire it to the alarm?

Thanks

steve

Alarm I am looking at is the Viper 3305. I have a manual so no remote start. Yes I could bypass the clutch switch but have no desire for this. My concern. Is 3 channels sufficient? I have a tilt sensor and glass breakage sensor in the car now I assume I can use. I would like the option to only unlock the drivers side door as well if it is easy to do.

http://www.viper.com/P-3305V/Viper-L...ecurity-System
    Last edited by Stoner51; 09-28-2013, 07:22 AM.

Should be a direct swap and rewire

Comment

Thats what I was thinking.

steve

Comment

Here is the wiring color codes from Directtechs

https://docs.google.com/file/d/1EcKB...it?usp=sharing

let me know if it doesn't work
        Last edited by Jlh2003; 09-30-2013, 01:33 AM.
        92 Accord Lx Sedan w/ F22A6
        06 Civic LX Sedan*sold*

Comment

Thanks. That should help a lot.

steve

Comment

np! if you have trouble let me know ill try to help, theres also some pics of wire locations notes etc on there
            92 Accord Lx Sedan w/ F22A6
            06 Civic LX Sedan*sold*

Comment

I ordered the alarm today. I ordered the responder 350. It was only $110 shipped on amazon.
              Hopefully I'll install this over the weekend. I would think that it would take me about 2 hours maybe? Wiring diagrams seem about the same. I just need to confirm that the relays in my car now are wired the same as the new alarms and then it should be just a basic cut and match wires then solder them.
              I'm a little concerned about the programming of the alarm. My current alarm has a valet switch to turn the alarm on and off. And one of my buttons does a silent arm and one a chirp alarm. I like the quiet arm feature. Looking over the instructions I can't really tell.

thanks again

steve

Comment

Silent arm you can do by pressing aux and then lock. Or you can program it in.

Instead of a switch for a vallet this uses a push button. Much easier. If you need help hit me up.
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I meant button. Sorry about that. I have a button now.
                  thanks for the help

steve

Comment

Alarm installed. Prob took about 3 hours to resolder everything and hook it up. Tuck it in.
                    It took me a little time to figure out the starter kill. OR should I say interrupt. Once I thought of it that way it clicked.
                    This morning My last remote Died. New battery didn't work so this timing was perfect.

When rewiring this all the wire colors were the same. The only diff was the old alarm had a starter kill built in and it also had a seperate shock sensor.

I haven't calibrated anything the shock or glass breakage. Ill do that tomorrow.

I would also like to know how to set it to passively arm. I'm sure the user manual says how.

steve

Comment

Working...
                    X