power locks not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

power locks not working

so this is on behalf of my friends 90 coupe, His power locks don't move or even try for that fact. you can hear the click from the brain in the drivers door but the locks them self don't even try to move.

and his radiator fan doesn't work unless you jump the thermostat sensor when the ignition is on aac it kicks on none of the other sensors kick the fan on at all.

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
    Do it once, do it right.
    Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
    Missing My
    White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
    Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

1. Possible door lock actuator failure if you do hear movement.
    2. Is the motor overheating?

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Is it just one door or all of them?

Comment

Originally posted by schierholz View Post
        so this is on behalf of my friends 90 coupe, His power locks don't move or even try for that fact. you can hear the click from the brain in the drivers door but the locks them self don't even try to move.

and his radiator fan doesn't work unless you jump the thermostat sensor when the ignition is on aac it kicks on none of the other sensors kick the fan on at all.
        Weird. Your friend has the same problems as I do with my coupe. I have an aftermarket alarm system(not my choice) and the keyfob always locks the driver side door, but it's a 50/50 chance for the passenger door. Same thing if I just use the tab on the door to lock 'em.

As for the radiator fan, mine doesn't work unless I have the air conditioning turned on to at least one power(If you set the temperature to neutral it doesn't cause the AC motor to turn on.)

Comment

both sides dont work. no sound from the door latches them.self just the brain a faint relay sound comes from that. yeah the fan is awkward on my 91 I can jump the green plug and my fan kicks on I think jumping the one on the thermo rules out the relay. would it possably be the fan timer inside the car has gone bad with almost 400'k

with it at that mileage I had to replace the drivers outide (one with the recliner lever)
          because the back part of the rail broke away from the bolt (good thing I was doing a prelude front seat swap.

Do it once, do it right.
          Missing My
          Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

If you jump the thermostat sensor and it works then it rules out the relays. But doesn't rule out the thermostat sensor try replacing that sensor. Also as the doors go the reason it's faint is probably because the big electric box for the locks in the driver door is bad thats why it's a faint sound. Try replacing both and you should be good to go.

Comment

changing out the door lock modue worked fine. now when the locks are hit they work for the most part ..... what im saying is the drivers side works when the interior door handle is held open and the passager side works unless the inside door handle is pulled (which jams the system and the ext door handle is your only option) Im not a expert with the coupe door lock system I figure its simalar to the sedan just with longer rods for the interior. Now to see how well a alarm system helps or destroys the locking system

Do it once, do it right.
              Missing My
              Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Okay so today im putting in a alarm for the coupe. My current fear is that the drivers door has a problem ive seen around the form where you have to hold the door handle open for the lock to work ( which defeats the alarm working for that door) ? and for the passager side the lock works flawlessly but the int door handle is easily jamed so your stuck opening the door from the outside which never jams. what can I do to fix this so I do not have these problems anymore?

Do it once, do it right.
                Missing My
                Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Working...
                X