i want to convert 6.5 speakers to 6x9 how

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i want to convert 6.5 speakers to 6x9 how

i have a lx 6.5 speakers in rear how can u fit 6x9 speakers in the hole to replace 6.5 and convertions or how do u do it can u get pods FROM AN EX and put them in will the fit ?do i have to do mods anything
    ANYWAY OF DOING THIS AT ALL

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

wrong place

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
    bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

get pods from an EX u answered ur own question

Comment

Even though this is in the wrong thread you are in luck buddy.

I just so happened to swap the 6.5 pods for the 6x9 last week. The magnets on the 6x9 are gonna touch this steel bar that runs across the top of your trunk. Don't ask me what it is, just looks like some sort of support to me. But what I did was: took a dremel and cut off about 1/2 an inch of the steel bar and put the 6x9's in. They fit fine after you cut that out. Might I add that they sound sweet too.

I'm not sure what the 6x9 pods come out of. Rumor has it that the 92-93 ex's have em. But like I said I'm not sure. Hope this helps you out brotha.

Blaine

Comment

rounds sound better than ovals.....so why change them

Comment

Originally posted by mixmatch
            rounds sound better than ovals.....so why change them
            anyone wanna take pix and show the result i wanna see them... i wanna do this sometime too
            <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

its really easy to install, i say just go the junkyard pick some up and just install them, as long as you have a hacksaw or dremel you will be fine.

Comment

that metal bar u cut out is part of the suport for the trunk i believe

(\__/)
                (O.o )
                (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

no!! talk to soysaucecb7! he can make u anything for ur rear deck, he has these cool looking speaker pods that i think fit 6x9s, PM him, "he'll take care of u" lol

Comment

yeah but they r 150 dollers i dont have that kinda money for pods yet

(\__/)
                    (O.o )

Comment

Working...
                    X