Alarm systems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarm systems?

Just want to start doing some research on what alarm systems are out there now and what you guys recommend.. I work in downtown Seattle and the theft rate here is pretty high and dont want to lose my car to someone with sticky fingers...

What is the best out there and pricing?

We sell at our dealership KARR alarm systems on every new car but its only a one way system.. So what are your opinions and thoughts on what you would get now..

And sorry if this has been asked before.. im asking now because i know there is a lot of new stuff out there on the market and tech is always changing

Thanks.
    1996 Honda Shadow VT1100C

Sold
    1993 Honda Accord 10th Ann

Originally posted by shadow91 View Post
    just Want To Start Doing Some Research On What Alarm Systems Are Out There Now And What You Guys Recommend.. I Work In Downtown Seattle And The Theft Rate Here Is Pretty High And Dont Want To Lose My Car To Someone With Sticky Fingers...

What Is The Best Out There And Pricing?

We Sell At Our Dealership Karr Alarm Systems On Every New Car But Its Only A One Way System.. So What Are Your Opinions And Thoughts On What You Would Get Now..

And Sorry If This Has Been Asked Before.. Im Asking Now Because I Know There Is A Lot Of New Stuff Out There On The Market And Tech Is Always Changing

Thanks.
    Viper, Viper, And Viper
    SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192457

Comment

I recently got the Avital 5303L alarm/remote start system. It is a nice two way set. Plus it's made by the same company as Viper so quality is the same. Just save a few bucks on the Avital over Viper.

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/AVITAL-5303L-S.../dp/B001JT5KIS

2.2literbeater rec'd this one to me
        visit vgruk

Comment

okay.. guess a huge question is how bad is the instal on AVITAL system?
          1996 Honda Shadow VT1100C

Sold
          1993 Honda Accord 10th Ann

Comment

In my honest opinion, I think your better off just installing some kill switches. I had the viper 5701 and most alarms these days just have a kill switch that goes to the starter. All you have to do is disconnect the battery and the alarm will no longer work.

I liked having keyless entry and remote start, but other then that for security purposes the alarms are just a waste of money to me.

Comment

I had the alarm installed by a pro, which took him about 4 hours total. The Avital had quite a bit to do wiring wise. But it included the kill switch, remote start, proximity detectors, and so forth. I wouldn't have attempted it on my own.

Comment

Price: $103.85
                You Save: $436.14 (81%)
                Wowza!
                How exactly can sellers afford these kind of price drops!

||91 Accord EX|| All of my images are hosted courtesy of imageShack.com
                Door-Sensor fix (DIY)||Interfacing Arduino to Power locks
                RICE = Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement.
                "The greatest advantage of speaking the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said." - unknown
                "That's the funny thing about parts that break... they're never broken until they are!" -deevergote

Comment

Originally posted by Kamatari+ View Post
                  Wowza!
                  How exactly can sellers afford these kind of price drops!
                  I swear they make up the price of the original prices. But I know to get people to buy a product, you just have to make it look like its on sale. Every company does that. I believe its part of marketing and advertising. I notice a lot of that during black friday. A hard drive originally $100, on sale for $80..but most of the time its 15% off for $85 dollars total. Highly advertise it and lose $5 for every hard drive they sell but make more profit since more people will buy it. Consumers will think they are getting a "deal" but its really only a few bucks off.

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
                  My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
                  Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

I 100% disagree with all of you! Screw the sirens and bells and cut offs and remotes! They beat that easily and once they do then what the fuck do you do! Most people in parking lots ignore the annoying alarms and a smart thief either tells a person "opps ..I forgot to disarm it" or gets it off in about less then a minute.
                    My wagon didn't have an alarm but was parked two floors below and a security guard and a camera (they don't know how to work it!). I bet the guard waved good night.
                    The best will be a GPS hidden tracker. Lo-jack needs the cop car to pass it. Hey what if it's sitting in a back yard? So far best and cheap is to hide one of these in it... The Nano 3.0
                    www.brickhousesecurity.com

Comments?

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
                    New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
                    My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Originally posted by Pinchmyhandle View Post
                      I had the alarm installed by a pro, which took him about 4 hours total. The Avital had quite a bit to do wiring wise. But it included the kill switch, remote start, proximity detectors, and so forth. I wouldn't have attempted it on my own.
                      how much was the install?
                      visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by ryandavis33 View Post
                        how much was the install?
                        Parts and labor was $250. Well worth it, and he provided me a series of pictures showing his handywork for all the in dash stuff I would have never seen.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverShadow View Post
                          I 100% disagree with all of you! Screw the sirens and bells and cut offs and remotes! They beat that easily and once they do then what the fuck do you do! Most people in parking lots ignore the annoying alarms and a smart thief either tells a person "opps ..I forgot to disarm it" or gets it off in about less then a minute.
                          My wagon didn't have an alarm but was parked two floors below and a security guard and a camera (they don't know how to work it!). I bet the guard waved good night.
                          The best will be a GPS hidden tracker. Lo-jack needs the cop car to pass it. Hey what if it's sitting in a back yard? So far best and cheap is to hide one of these in it... The Nano 3.0
                          www.brickhousesecurity.com

Comments?
                          I'm not really worried about the car being stolen, as much as my ice being stolen or my car vandalized. That is why the 2 way pager is so nice, I can be at my car in a minute catching and or curb stomping the idiot messing with my ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinchmyhandle View Post
                            I'm not really worried about the car being stolen, as much as my ice being stolen or my car vandalized. That is why the 2 way pager is so nice, I can be at my car in a minute catching and or curb stomping the idiot messing with my ride.
                            if that is your goal....look into the viper responder 350. have the alarm installed without light flash, led, or siren.....all that will happen if they set off the alarm is you will get an alert and they will have no idea the car has an alarm and keep working on getting your shit while you are sneaking up on them....lol
                            SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192457

Comment

Originally posted by BIGRICH View Post
                              if that is your goal....look into the viper responder 350. have the alarm installed without light flash, led, or siren.....all that will happen if they set off the alarm is you will get an alert and they will have no idea the car has an alarm and keep working on getting your shit while you are sneaking up on them....lol
                              That is some devious shit man. I like it! I will totally remember that for the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X