kill switch wiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kill switch wiring?

How exactly would I wire in a kill switch?

Just extend the starter wire to the switch and back or what?

There are countless ways to do it.
    Honestly, posting details about which method and location that you choose to be viewed publicly online... along with your location and a picture of your car... PROBABLY not a smart idea!

You just need to wire in a switch that, when "off" interrupts the circuit to any component necessary to start or run the car (the running components are better than the starting components, as there are ways to bypass the starting components and still start a car.)

Fuel pump wiring, battery wiring, starter wiring... you can even get creative and go for the main relay wiring, or if your car is manual, the clutch safety switch wiring.

Comment

Thanx man

Comment

Is your car a manual or auto? If it's manual, starter kill is useless b/c it can be push start.
        I would splice the wire under the hood at the starter and have the switch with wire running back inside the cabin. Hide the switch and put a few dummy switches to slow the thief down. A little bit harder to steal. Of course you would need to re-run your hood cable as well.

Comment

Why would you need to re route your hood cable?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
          It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

As above - There are so many possibilities.

Coil wiring, injector wiring, starter, Ignition, Main relay, fuel pump, ECU.

Then there is also the earth side of all those same circuits.
            All up that's 14 possibilities, and that's just a quick list.

Hiding the switch is key, And putting 2 switches in series (in different locations) is an even better.
            Thieves will realize you have a kill switch and quickly search for it, IF they find it, they won't expect a second one.

When they realize there is a second switch they know they won't have enough time to find it, and/or the possibility of a knowing there may be a third switch . . .

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
              Why would you need to re route your hood cable?
              Because you can reach up through the fender and yank on the cable, popping the hood. If your kill switch is located under the hood and the thief knows it (because they saw your post on a website about it...) they could pop your hood and bypass your kill switch.

Comment

Working...
              X