Car alarm help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car alarm help

just about ready to install my alarm just cant figure out the wiring for my relay that came with the alarm for starter kill.

it only has 3 wires coming off it, heres what the install diagram says they go to, and to me its very vague but i believe its because ive never installed one before.

WHITE : to starter ... (to me this is vague... what part of the starter??)
    Orange : armed output i get this because it wires into the brain
    Red : To ignition switch (huh? what ignition switch wire does it feed into?

some one please help

I have the K9 Eclipse Alarm

www.caralarm.com/manuals/k-9/k9-mundial.pdf

anyone? clueless

Comment

www.bulldogsecurity.com is your friend. It has wiring diagrams for our cars, tells ya right where things need to be.

Comment

that has the same table i saw at another site, still not getting it but ill figure that out tomarrow. on the brain though i have another 6 pin harness coming off the side that isnt even mentioned in the install instructions.

Comment

so if you look at the relay for the instructions, it shows a white wire...but I guess your wondering where the other side goes when you cut it in half. Well its to the other prong on the relay.

POS alarm though.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

i figured it all out, yea like 80 bucks but i just wanted keyless besides its just a h22 nothing too special.

gonna be doing all this tomarrow after the events.

Comment

looking to get a quick reply here since im like || this close to finishing..

everything is hooked up and all except the optional starter cut relay.

whenever i connect the battery the alarm starts to go off... well the siren starts making noises (like its doing the alarm cycle)..

what am i doing wrong?

Comment

no, but the problem was my bad grounds... my dad gave me a lesson in grounds LMFAO feel like a retard coulda been done hours ago.

Comment

btw accordztech what makes you think its junk? have you owned it before?

i wasnt really wanting it for the Arming ability most just for keyless and i can get the optional wiring to do the window rollup. gonna look into it and see if its possible to make my own harness for the window roll up.

so far everything is hookedup but i still need to mount the brain and tidy up my wires.

mount the transciever, and shock sensor. where do you guys mount your shock sensors? i was thinking of mounting it in the glove box.

Comment

Working...
                  X