Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stock alarm question

if this belongs somewhere else, feel free to move it... on to my question

how do i figure out if i had a stock alarm? when i purchased the car the past summer, it did not come with the pager or anything so i figured it did not come with one. but now that i look around the car, i noticed a red button below the steering wheel column, which reminded me of a panic button. should this button be there, or is it possibly from an alarm? if i did have an alarm before, would it be possible to get a new pager to work with it?

i will try to get pics, not 100% sure i can get a digi cam in my hands soon though.

Click Here for My Member's Page | Free money for searching the web. Needs PayPal account

check under the drivers seat for a little black box...i didnt know i had an alarm for a good 9 months

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

alright thanks, i'll check first thing tomorrow morning. is that red button a giveaway? what could it be if it weren't an alarm?

edit::: i forgot to mention, there's also a red LED or some sort of bulb near the Cruise button. i've never used it or seen it on. could this also be a sign of a previous alarm?
      Last edited by shimoto; 03-17-2005, 12:14 AM.

Click Here for My Member's Page | Free money for searching the web. Needs PayPal account

Comment

i didn't see a black box under the driver's seat but there definitely is a red button below the steering column, and an LED next to the Cruise button. what could these be?

Comment

Originally posted by shimoto
          i didn't see a black box under the driver's seat but there definitely is a red button below the steering column, and an LED next to the Cruise button. what could these be?
          look under the dash

Comment

yeah look under the dash their should be a box, it should have I think two switches.

Comment

i saw a few black boxes under the dash. (facing the front of the car) one box was on the right side, labeled "Denso", but my gauge was made by "NS". another box was on the left behind a bunch of wires. this one was unlabeled with a red dot on it and alot of wires. anyone know what these are?

again, i'll try my best to get pics, but i don't have my hands on a digi cam right now

Comment

i was talking to my dad earlier and he mentioned that my car used to have an alarm. he told me that when we bought it, the guy must have taken the pager/controller with him. is there anyway i can program a new pager to work with my alarm again?

Comment

nobody knows anything?

Comment

sounds aftermarket
                    follow the wires from the switch-led to see where they go. they should go to the alarm brain, if its in there. alot of times dealers just take brain out but leave the led to fill the hole, to prevent any problems with malfunctions.find the make- model of it. then find a "stereo-alarm shop" that carries that brand. they should be able to get a programable remote for it. wouldnt hurt to get the manuals for it, so you know how it works. good luck!

91 ex 1badwag
                    91 lx wag (aka the beater)
                    92 ex 4-door
                    HONDA...its not just a way of life...its an ADDICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i did the same thing. i just took my car to an alarm/audio shop and they said they could program an alarm for me. i didnt know i had an alarm until i was working on the car and i unhokked the battery terminals and tried to put them back and the alarm went off!!!!...scared the shit out of me since i didnt know it was there...was a bitch to get the battey connected again with out setting off the alarm.

Comment

i might just take my car to an alarm shop and ask them to see what they can do. hopefully the brain box is still there.

Comment

Working...
                        X