CB7 Security Tip Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by According2Me
    now we get into glass braking.. get a 'mic' for your alarm it detects the sharp pop that wouldnt set off a shock sensor, i added a prox sensor wich when people get too close to the glass it goes off,SO no lookin in my window or puttin ur hands threw my sunroof as its open... and get an interior siren, mine was called a mini piezo.. small like 2in by 2in HELLA loud pulsating ear piercing sound.. pull out dash bezel mount in center air vents where the two come together so loud they wont know where it is... and wouldnt want to stay in the car that long...
    Tell me more about that....very interested

Comment

one of the best secuirty is the brake pedal lock...they really cant jack the car...
      So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

So I was reading this thread and thinking of 8 weeks ago when my car got broken into http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=19122 The biggest problem back then was that the thieves got into the car, broke the trunk luck, and got into all my stuff in the trunk. So tonight I saw this and thought, Yeah! I'll go disable my trunk release right now! I go outside in the garage looking for my sockets only to find that they were stolen out of the garage in the last few days. Our door is broken and in the up position and we don't get a new one until Thursday! Dang it!

And the ninjas had sweet victory, and there was much rejoicing.

Comment

all these ideas seem ok, but to be honest, as the car owner u have to decide what you want to protect. If you are all into race, then the only thing to save you, are some good kill switches. Taping into the ecu power, and fuel pump, combined with a basic alarm. If your into systems, and what not, a good paging alarm, with a prox sensor, this will ensure that u get paged atleast once before they enter ur car! I've been installing alarms, for about 6 yrs now, and trust me, nothing helps more than this. Another great thing to have, are real hood locks, not the stickers, but the real ones drilled into the hood.

Comment

i have a question, what "rods" are you talking about will prevent them from popping the window? I was considering making custom plates to go over the top and sides of the window slightly so they would be unable to pry the window open.

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

a good idea in response to the rods for the windows, are to to remove the lock rods connected to the door lock itself, do this only if u have a keyless entry system of some sort. Remove the actual rod connected to the manual door lock, this prevents ppl from popin the window, and tryin to unlock the door, as to the lock will no only be a dummy lock. The only way of entry then would be through the tumbler or keyless entry. Another method of entry, is to slide a large flat head directly under the tumbler (the outside of the door handle), and slide up, to prevent ppl from doing this weld a ring around the edge of the handle, behind the door skin.

Comment

you guys are putting alot of ideas into my head. i like this thread.

:Back In Business...

Comment

This is really good stuff! this thread should be stickied.

"And the coldest ones that we thought husky
                  they be like I dont know his name but he aim like Wayne Gretzki
                  that's funny cause I dont play hockey
                  I play Horse upon the mic and watch them all copy"
                  -Canibal Ox

Comment

fact remains. if they want your shit, they will take it.
                    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by br0nx finest
                      There's also a fuse under the hood which would not allow them to start the car, my boy 91ACCORDSIR showed that to me.

PRIMO, 4 kill switches, who did them? I'm interested in setting up something as discreet as per say the Cruise control button, and some other one. Can you help me or get me an installer?
                      He would know about that fuse...

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

For anything held down with screws you can cut the head of the screw off...That is if you don't plan on removing it. Well not all the way off just grind some shit and they wont be able to unscrew it.
                        Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

Comment

Window tint promotes theft I think.....especially when you can't see inside.
                          1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

R33cb7's Top 10 Anti-Theft Tips

1. Get a paging alarm
                            2. Detachable steering wheel and pedal locks
                            3. Kill switches
                            4. Shifter lock
                            5. Bolt down your sub box from the inside of the box to your trunk.
                            6. Install a motorcycle battery as a backup battery and hide it. (if they cut your battery cables under your hood, your alarm and your lights will still be going off because of the hidden secondary battery)
                            6. Install an alarm horn with an internal battery. If they cut the cables to the horn, it will still go off.
                            7. Take your radio face, cell phone, ipod, whatever with you instead of leaving it for a thief to see.
                            8. Park as close to the main entrance as possible.
                            8. Disable the trunk release.
                            9. DO NOT PUT ALPINE, PIONEER, JL AUDIO, ect. stickers on your car. You're just letting everyone know what you got in your car.
                            10. Watch who you tell about your ride. It's usually someone who knows you or what you have that will steal your shit.

If imitation is the best form of flattery............thanks for kissing my ass.

Comment

add...the new NRG quick release wheel lock hub to the list.
                              it's only 25 more for it, id get it so some theif cant just bolt on another steering wheel and go...
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                                add...the new NRG quick release wheel lock hub to the list.
                                it's only 25 more for it, id get it so some theif cant just bolt on another steering wheel and go...
                                that's what I meant......

If imitation is the best form of flattery............thanks for kissing my ass.

Comment

Working...
                                X