CB7 Security Tip Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 Security Tip Thread

Just wanted to make some suggestions and get some suggestions as my car's been broken into many times:

-Tint your shit...I'm going with smoke soon.
    -Get rid of the interior trunk latch...it doesn't lock, even if you lock it.
    -Secure your box to your strut towers w/thick, strong cables, and get rid of that back seat opener in the trunk...theives will prob. be surprised by the stuck box and at worst make off with your subs. From there, you can mount the amp between the box and the back seat, where it's basically permanently secure, or
    -Mount your amp and box to a secured board by cutting holes in the board and mounting everything from the bottom, or with round bolts on top and the nuts under. Theives will have to break something to get anything out, as the whole thing won't leave the trunk in one piece, and the round tops of the bolts won't let them unscrew anything.
    -Get an installer to install flash cameras to go with your alarm...digital if you think its worth it. Cameras on the dash are cool, but an even better idea would be to install some outdoor facing ones on each side of the car, so that whenever someone approaced the car their picture would be taken, along with any car or tow truck they might have come with. Now that I think about it, a full kit with proximity sensors and multiple still photo cameras would be the absolute best security solution; and for the truly insane, an integration with LoJack service to send your email or phone pics from your car would be the best way out, as you could identify the perps and have evidence, and call the cops if you're not near your car.

Some even crazier ideas I have include passing a strut tower bar through the box, mounting the amp upside down on the rear deck and mounting amps in the spare tire well or under the carpet behind the box. You have to make it not worth a thief's time to get your system out...and there's a lot of simple stuff we can do, even in our unsecure cars. Nobody want's CB7's in NYC (knock on wood) so I won't get a crazy alarm, although I am a big fan of the cameras; if someone's stealing the last thing they want is their pictures taken, and it could be set up to flash 4 times and only take one picture.

Furthermore, if you have a lens setup in the engine compartment (i know, i know) and the system hooked to a hidden battery, if they go as far as to try and clip the main battery you'll get the asshole who tried to do it too. I truly think there's no bigger deterrent...although they might just tow it away for the high tech security system! A decal saying "Theives will be photographed" is probably a nice touch too.

Beyond that other obvious stuff like a hidden ignition kill switch and maybe taking your headunit with you if your car's gonna be parked for a long time (why not?), what do you guys suggest?

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Those are good tips, even though I haev never heard of the camera one. So they take your car, what good does the camera do?

What I have in my car is a cheap ebay alarm that I installed myself. It has the backup battery as well.

I also have the one thing that I put in all my cars and that is a mul-t-lock

http://www.mul-t-lock.us/prodCars.asp

My cuz had it in his cb7 and his car wa broken in a few times to try to steal it, but they were never able to. I have it now on my cb7, and I leave it anywhere without a worry. I also had it in my other cars. Well, if a thief really wants to steal it they will, but this is good precaution. Actually the STi owners recommend this for their cars, and we all know those are hot cars to steal.

X

Comment

Those are some good tips. The camera one would be cool. These are really easy to break in though. Thats for sure..

Comment

Very good tips

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

tint= probably has other stuff.... It just attracts attention

Comment

If you dont want them to take your wheels... SLAM that bitch to the ground and hide the switches. That way they can unbolt the wheels, but cant jack the car up to get them out, since there is no way to get under the car.

Comment

Originally posted by CustomLowz
              If you dont want them to take your wheels... SLAM that bitch to the ground and hide the switches. That way they can unbolt the wheels, but cant jack the car up to get them out, since there is no way to get under the car.
              since we all want to spend 1000+ bucks to keep our wheels from getting stolen lol.
              ]

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                since we all want to spend 1000+ bucks to keep our wheels from getting stolen lol.

lol i know right
                http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

Comment

installing kill switches(i've got 4), proximity sensors(int. & ext), would help too. oh yeah, and shaved door handles
                  5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                  JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

as for the cameras - it is possible to have them communicate with a remote computer or other recording device(I'm working on this for my car with my braniac brother-in-law) ...it just starts getting a little more complicated from there; but the point is then that you'd have the images stored outside the car so if it DID get stolen, you'd have something to go by

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

There's also a fuse under the hood which would not allow them to start the car, my boy 91ACCORDSIR showed that to me.

PRIMO, 4 kill switches, who did them? I'm interested in setting up something as discreet as per say the Cruise control button, and some other one. Can you help me or get me an installer?
                      '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
                      -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                      -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                      -'93 AGP EX 4AT
                      10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

Originally posted by CustomLowz

um.... 2 low pro jacks with one welded wedge to get it started... (if they fuck up your ground effects , do they care no..)

i would weld sharp ass spikes on the inside of the rim, so when they try and pry off the rim they cut there hands to shit.. or even if you can tac weld a small amount of barb wire... OUCH

Comment

I agree a $5 dollar fuel pump kill switch is all you need they can break in and trash your car but it will still be there, unless they tow it away.

Comment

i installed some security cameras outside on my garage pointing down on our cars as mine got broke into last month feb17th and my whole system got taken the rear sway bar idea threw the box is what me and my brother in law are doing now and also now have the viper alarms with two way paging.and im still sleepless hahaha.
                            im finally back in a cb7 its like coming home.lol
                            93 ex accord coupe h22 SOLD
                            90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                            91 se accord 4 door SOLD
                            92 lx accord coupe SOLD
                            93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                            92 ex accord 4 door h22 SOLD
                            93 ex accord 4 door auto SOLD
                            92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

2 way pager alarm system for me, kill switch ( need more, Francis help me out on that one), tint, LED warning light usually points the theif to an easier target rather than my car.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                              11.68 @ 127mph
                              417whp/375wtq
                              Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Working...
                              X