• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 accord SE Speaker help!

hey guys. so i just need some thoughts on this

I have a speaker hissing problem
    BUT i didnt have it before. heres the deal

so my car comes stock with the bose setup. i had the factory deck in their and the front speakers are bose. but the backs are infinity's ( when i got the car second hand it didnt have the rear bose ones )

So i had no problem with the sound it sounded amazing. no hiss nothing

Then the bose deck died and i didnt have music/radio for 2 years!
    so i got fed up and bought a kenwood aftermarket cd deck.

got that installed. and no there's a hissing sound which come only from the back speakers. the front bose ones are okay. but i want to replace those too. will i get more hissing when i get aftermarket speakers for the front?

what is making my rear ones only hiss. it happened after i got the cd deck. AND not to mention theres that Bose amp in the trunk.

What is causing this problem! im sure its something to do with the aftermarket cd deck communicating with the amp. or the amp is just not enough to run that cd deck nice.

its possible that the new deck is higher power, so the factory amp is still pushing. So basically its amplifying a higher signal source, creating a hiss.

You can change the fronts with no issues.

if its a buzzz then there is another issue. If its just a hiss noise then you are ok.

You probably arent picking up the hiss in the front becauswe there isnt good tweeters up there, unlike the rears
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
      its possible that the new deck is higher power, so the factory amp is still pushing. So basically its amplifying a higher signal source, creating a hiss.

You can change the fronts with no issues.

if its a buzzz then there is another issue. If its just a hiss noise then you are ok.

You probably arent picking up the hiss in the front becauswe there isnt good tweeters up there, unlike the rears
      ohh i see. so how can i fix the amp issue?
      i read on another forum that

u have to properly feed the bose amplifier a low signal from RCA outputs. by getting an OEM interface?

Comment

Bypass your amp...ie wire your deck to your speakers...
        My 90 coupe Mr thread....
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Originally posted by SPLCB7 View Post
          Bypass your amp...ie wire your deck to your speakers...
          so does that mean the amp wont be used?

Comment

Originally posted by JLBA14 View Post
            so does that mean the amp wont be used?
            Yes.
            Originally posted by Mishakol129
            Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

yeah check your wires and test to see if the coil is sticking and you may have to get the speaker pods out of and lx or dx front doors since the bose speakers have a special setup and they have smaller speakers in the front than the normal 6.5" that most have up front and you should have 6x9 in the rear or another weird custom bose size
              back at it again

Comment

I know with the acura legend which uses the same radio as the accord SE ( the non premium bose head unit that is ) the speakers are 4 ohm vs the normal 2 ohm. ( or do i have that backwards? )

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                  I know with the acura legend which uses the same radio as the accord SE ( the non premium bose head unit that is ) the speakers are 4 ohm vs the normal 2 ohm. ( or do i have that backwards? )
                  all the oem speakers was 4 ohm the better ones are higher
                  back at it again

Comment

or u could just get more bose rears. they r in my junkyard =P
                    frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by i-07 View Post
                      all the oem speakers was 4 ohm the better ones are higher
                      Alright well than they must be 2ohm speakers

I know the system uses an odd ohm ammount which makes it harder to find speakers.

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
                      or u could just get more bose rears. they r in my junkyard =P
                      The amps fail long before the speakers do

Comment

yeah a after market deck usally has enough power to power most speaker pretty well

but bose stuff does not like to work well it other brand items that is why thing may seem f'd up so i'd get a nice set of pioneer speakers and call it a day
                        back at it again

Comment

I have an SE Wire harness in my EX (Long story as to why) and I get no sound at all would that be due to the missing stock AMP that is supposed to be there?
                          The CB7 Collector.
                          Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                          92 LX Coupe F22A1
                          2013 Toyota Corolla S
                          92 EX Sedan F22A1
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post

I have an SE Wire harness in my EX (Long story as to why) and I get no sound at all would that be due to the missing stock AMP that is supposed to be there?
                            yes.
                            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post

there is no stock amp lol

it is in the deck you could have a blown or bad speaker or a lose wire
                              back at it again

Comment

Working...
                              X