New system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New system

Jus got my new system today, 1 12" Solo Baric L7, the 05' model and a 05' Ma Audio 1200 watt 898 amp. Been wrokin no my custom box/setup for the last two,days ill get pics up soon.

Nice I got the same 12" L7 and a 1000 watt HiFonics amp. Tell me how it sounds with a 1200 watt amp. What kind of box are you making? sealed or ported?

Comment

Definately get those pics up i wanna see.

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

ported, me and a few of my buddys who build boxes down at a audio shop here in buffalo helped me, it came out pretty nice gonna be all custom enclosed in the trunk and stuff, no fiberglass im gonig for the classy wood setup and capet but flush becasue the car is hopefully gonig by the end of the summer, ill get pcis up asap

Comment

sick pics are a must

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
            Nice I got the same 12" L7 and a 1000 watt HiFonics amp. Tell me how it sounds with a 1200 watt amp. What kind of box are you making? sealed or ported?
            I'm gonna buy the Hifonics 1500D amp soon. I have a 2 channel Hifonics right now. You think they put out their rated power? I've heard opinions from. "I love my amp" to "They're ok". Oh yeah and how are you guys' L7's. Breaking windows?
            Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
            -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
            MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Post pics up. I wanna see your installation. I have 2- 10" L7's in my ride... they pound!!!

Couldn't of been done without you guys

Comment

I got a question, and I DID search. I got the same setup almost as this guy. But my sub picks up noise whenever I do stuff. When I use the passenger side power mirror or anything, the sub makes noise. Any reason this happens?

Comment

You gotta separate the power wires from the signal RCA wires...and you gotta get shielded wires. I have crappy house wires and I get that noise from stuff too, especially at night with the lights on. It's the sux0r.

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

nice dude i wanna see that, what are u putting it in? cause ur not keeping the cb right?

did u find the tracking number? it still didnt come

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                      You gotta separate the power wires from the signal RCA wires...and you gotta get shielded wires. I have crappy house wires and I get that noise from stuff too, especially at night with the lights on. It's the sux0r.
                      I have power running down the driver's side, and the RCA's running down the passenger side. When they get to my amp tho, they cross b/c the power in on the amp's right, and the signal is on the left. Hmm, guess I'll try to get better RCA cables.

Comment

L7's can get relatively high SPL...SQ will suck though...

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                          The L7 is a very versitile sub. It can be used as SPL or SQ it depends on the box. Many people run the l7 as a SQ setup.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
                            The L7 is a very versitile sub. It can be used as SPL or SQ it depends on the box. Many people run the l7 as a SQ setup.
                            don't think so...the square nature of the sub doesn't allow it to reproduce pure sine waves as they should be reproduced, rather, it distorts that pure sound more readily than the more common round subs, which have no rough edges with which to distort the sine waves..
                            if anyone runs an L7 as an SQ setup, they need to do some serious thinking...cuz that dont work...

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal

i second that because the L7 can get super loud..
                              http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

Comment

Working...
                              X