EDM rear foglight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDM rear foglight

Does anyone know how to wire up a EDM rear foglight.
    Thanks

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=2997276

It should be about the same as front fogs. I would just do a power wire to it
    with a inline fuse and then just a ground near the foglight. Unless you are
    trying to use a factory switch is entirely different.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

Same as ANY basic circuit. A load needs a power and ground to function, a fuse for safety, and a switch for when it's not needed. Doesnt matter what order they go in within the circuit.

I'm more a fan of the bumper light myself, but very nice for getting your hands on an EDM taillight

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by 90ACCORDLXGUY View Post
        It should be about the same as front fogs. I would just do a power wire to it
        with a inline fuse and then just a ground near the foglight. Unless you are
        trying to use a factory switch is entirely different.
        by entirely different you mean the use of 1 extra wire for the green light in the switch? its a ground.

Comment

im using the factory switch, does that matter?

Comment

i never under stood why euro vehicles have rear fogs...its not like your gona drive any where backwards and the only reversing you do is really short

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
            — Mighty Car Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Madpol View Post
              i never under stood why euro vehicles have rear fogs...its not like your gona drive any where backwards and the only reversing you do is really short
              its not a foglight itself...

its a light thats brighter then your running tail lights when not in brake mode during the night - or in FOG...so your more visible to the vehicles behind you.

its a saftey thing... like fogs - ya know for fog.. before everyone started driving with them on all the time day and night cause they look 'jdm' or 'cool' instead of for weather....
              Last edited by Grafix Ink.; 05-19-2011, 05:01 PM.

1990 Honda Accord Sedan
              1998 'Slammed' Ford Crown Victoria LX

Comment

Originally posted by Madpol View Post
                Le me tell you Madpol ... seriously bright at night or early mornings with fog.
                Ever drive in a thick, and I mean thiiick fog?

While I was in Germany, many years ago, almost every early morning there was serious fog!
                If your car is pulled over with a flat tire or wahtever, you wanna be safe while changing that tire.

Not to mention, even if you're not pulled over, the guy behind you can clearly see you.
                And I mean a serious half mile behind you .. and that's in a thick ass fog.

The light output on these things is amazing .. I'm sure it's saved a few folks from rear ends.
                I know for a fact that it slowed my ass down when I saw one up ahead.

Remember also .. the speeds that they drive in Europe, are much faster as opposed to here.
                You can safely see those rear fog lights from a damnnn good distance, and a ton of time to react.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
                  Le me tell you Madpol ... seriously bright at night or early mornings with fog.
                  Ever drive in a thick, and I mean thiiick fog?

While I was in Germany, many years ago, almost every early morning there was serious fog!
                  If your car is pulled over with a flat tire or wahtever, you wanna be safe while changing that tire.

Not to mention, even if you're not pulled over, the guy behind you can clearly see you.
                  And I mean a serious half mile behind you .. and that's in a thick ass fog.

The light output on these things is amazing .. I'm sure it's saved a few folks from rear ends.
                  I know for a fact that it slowed my ass down when I saw one up ahead.

Remember also .. the speeds that they drive in Europe, are much faster as opposed to here.
                  You can safely see those rear fog lights from a damnnn good distance, and a ton of time to react.
                  ah got ya...yeah we dont really get fog much here hence the reason why i saw no point for them..to me it just seemed really weird seeing cars with this odd one off extra light on the back

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
                  — Mighty Car Mods

Comment

Rear foglight FTW

Comment

Originally posted by ChupaKabra617 View Post
                      Does anyone know how to wire up a EDM rear foglight.
                      Thanks
                      its the same as the front. just with alot longer wires

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                      X