My battery relocation 56k eat a steak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My battery relocation 56k eat a steak

Just figured I would share pics on what I did today. Im going to put the filter where the battery usually sits, since thats how the prelude intake sits anyways.

i thought you were going to relocate it to the trunk but this is an OG idea...did you weld the sheetmetal box to the car to support the battery? i want to move my battery as well but i dont want to relocate it to the trunk since i have my nos tank back there already...what about putting an oil cooler there instead? 2 thumbs up for originality

Originally posted by fizzbob7
    first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
    Originally posted by ACC0RD22
    no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
    So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

im confused...

Comment

I thought about putting it in the trunk.. but didnt want to, since relocating the 15 pound battery doesnt really seem worth it. If I stuck with a huge battery like the stock one(43 pounds), that would have prolly justified sticking it in the trunk.

I was going to put it in stock location, but it just looked weird.. a battery sticking up in the middle. I saw this location, and new it wouldnt be hard to do. The box is not welded to the car, but is supported by 2 of the stock locations. There is another brace that holds the battery itself that is not pictured. But I just thought putting it down there would give it more of a clean look(I was originally going to cut out a hole for the box and suspend it where it used to be, so it would be at the same level as now, just where it used to be. But I didnt want to cut up that fender well.

And as far as the extra space.. I now have that area pretty much on both sides since I removed my cruise and PS, and dont have the a/c back in yet. Dunno what i'm gonna put there though, sure something will come up.
        Last edited by aero; 02-26-2005, 08:41 PM.

Comment

nice mod, i like it

Comment

were did u get that battery? nice job!

Comment

now i know why im confused.. because i have AC and theres all lines there. Damn =)

Comment

I forgot the a/c lines go there... guess i wont put it back on.

I got the battery on ebay, seller was OdesseyWorld. GREAT seller, I needed it quick, they had super quick response, and were able to send it out quick so it got here in time. Since I was driving with a pretty much dead battery. It was about 80 bucks i think b4 shipping. Which is great, under 100 shipped, and plenty of power.

Comment

My ABS pump is there so that location was out of the question, looks good though. It's nice to do those little projects. I know I enjoy them.
                  My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Yeah, took me forever.. projects are fun, its how many stupid problems you run into along the way that'll do ya in. Thankfully I am done with this one, just need to clean the car now.

Breaks are squeaking since the pads are low.. they are next, prolly the cobalt friction rotors, and hawk or those other nice pads. AMEN to having rotor over hub... it'll just be a couple bolts, 2 screws per side, and i'll be done in no time.

I also gotta get that fuel pressure and oil pressure gauge stuck in there somewhere.

Progress rear sway bar.. sometime whenever I have the money, that rear end has too much sway for me especially when you straighten out of a corner.

BTW... jose, I got 460 miles to the last tank(13.7 gallons). I only hit vtec like 3 times during that, and drove it REALLLY grannylike. (I sent you a pm about the gauges.. hit me back whenever you get a chance)
                    Last edited by aero; 02-26-2005, 10:46 PM.

Comment

now that is a sweet relocation! it does make the engine bay look cleaner. do you have a pic of the whole engine bay? hotness !
                      1cor10:31
                      - 92 LX coupe
                      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Thanks, Heres a pic of before, I'll get an after tomorrow if I remember

And yeah, repainting the valve cover is on my list of things to do.

Comment

thats a pretty small battery...im jw if i can use a battery that small for my car?...with a shit load of power needed for my system
                          So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

thats a motorcycle battery if im not mistaken, are you absolutely certain it'll hold power throughout the winter? i have no clue, im no battery expertl.
                            My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Backfire32
                              were did u get that battery? nice job!

Originally posted by nghtrydr23
                              thats a pretty small battery...im jw if i can use a battery that small for my car?...with a shit load of power needed for my system
                              Originally posted by Nycxeracer
                              thats a motorcycle battery if im not mistaken, are you absolutely certain it'll hold power throughout the winter? i have no clue, im no battery expertl.
                              it's not a motorcycle battery, odyssey makes small batteries that pack a lot of power for cars.:

Odyssey batteries: http://www.odysseybatteries.com/index.htm

Odyssey PC 680 (auto): http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc680mjt.htm

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Working...
                              X