No announcement yet.

My battery relocation 56k eat a steak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea it will hold power no problem. I actually have a similar battery in my car called a BatCap. Had it in the oem battery location and yea...it looked funny there since mine was about the same size as his and weighed something like 12lbs. I reloacted mine to my trunk and use it to help power of the stereo and just put the oem battery back in up front. The thing I didn't like about the the small battery is that I would have to changed the terminal connections to the little ring terminals rather than use the terminals that came stock with the car. Other than that, car started up much better and quicker.
    "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Originally posted by H23Accord
      The thing I didn't like about the the small battery is that I would have to changed the terminal connections to the little ring terminals rather than use the terminals that came stock with the car. Other than that, car started up much better and quicker.
      Usually they come with the terminals.. I have a set that I had for the first few days, but I switched over to the ring terminals... if anyone needs them, i've got a set.

Comment

wooooot, imma do this when its time to set the SMIC there!

^sold

Comment

i saw this battery in BustedLx's members ride page and i had to have it. i searched around online and found a place that sells them for 72.xx and shipped it to me via UPS for 9.23 i also ordered the Brass SAE terminals for 10 bucks just for ease of mind. i knew the terminals were different but i didnt know which i needed.

for anyone else whos looking for this battery the link is here:
          http://www.gotbatteries.com/items.as...SL105/37L105S5

just wondering if i could get some info from you on what you used as a secure tie down. i see some sort of metal brace but not sure if thats what you used for the finished product. thanks aero!

Comment

Well, you just gotta tie it down somehow. I now have two of those "straps" that I just kinda creatively made.

Depends on where you wanna locate it and whatnot. I got mine off ebay, and came out to like 100 since i NEEDED the 2nd day shipping which came out to like 30+ bucks. The seller was odysseyworld, and i really reccomend them. W/o them, i woulda had to wait forever, but they shipped it ASAP and were super quick with their responses. I'll take a few more pics of my finished mount tomorrow or wednesday.

I had been waiting for my old battery to die.. and it finally did, so i upgraded to this one. Funny thing is, I had the same exact battery as busted before this one, and now we got the same one again. My old one started spitting acid as did his, so it was time for it to go. Although its still in the garage just incase i need it or someone does.

Comment

Originally posted by H23Accord
              Yea it will hold power no problem. I actually have a similar battery in my car called a BatCap. Had it in the oem battery location and yea...it looked funny there since mine was about the same size as his and weighed something like 12lbs. I reloacted mine to my trunk and use it to help power of the stereo and just put the oem battery back in up front. The thing I didn't like about the the small battery is that I would have to changed the terminal connections to the little ring terminals rather than use the terminals that came stock with the car. Other than that, car started up much better and quicker.
              I REALLY want to do this on my car. I want to wire a 2nd battery into the trunk. I want it to power my system AND my alarm. If thieves cut the battery in the front, they will be in for a surprise as i will have a shop wire the alarm to the battery in the trunk (unless its easy and i can do it myself). Do i jus run the positive wire (0 gauge) from the front battery to the trunk, and ground the battery in the trunk to the chassis? I would prolly need a H/O alternator right? Then i will connect the alarm to it, and also my system will be connected with a Batcap, then a distro block capacitor, then to the amps itself. Does this sound like a good idea?

Comment

how many cca does that battery put out?
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                  how many cca does that battery put out?
                  http://www.enersysstationary.com/doc...01%20_1204.pdf check out page three

i dont know the specific battery that brandon used..but i went with the PC 680...im too tired to look back to the first page to verify this..but there at two models...the PC680 and the PC680MJ. the MJ one has a metal jacket while the other is just the battery. the metal jacket makes the higher temperatures in auto-x more bearable on the battery...

but i didnt need the extra protection..drag races are usually over pretty quickly..

EDIT: looks like he went with the regular battery just like i did. still like the way you did yours..to bad i still have AC..maybe on the h22 ill remove it..but maybe not..i dont know how you do it in FL man..it gets hot as hell here in AR..
                  Last edited by clarksterdotcom; 04-30-2005, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Yeah, it gets real hot here.. I might break down and put it back in. Its only useful when you are stopped since all the other time you can just put the windows down... we'll see.

I used the metal jacket one, and yeah pc680. And If i want to put the a/c back in, im sure i can just bend the lines a little.

Comment

Just get the Optima battery thats made for the civics its that size with the same power and its jell cell...
                      . . .93 Ex F2.0A Si. . .
                      WiredMotorSports
                      [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

Originally posted by According2Me
                        Just get the Optima battery thats made for the civics its that size with the same power and its jell cell...
                        How much is it? These batteries you can get for 75 shipped if you can wait for regular shipping.

Comment

i've been reading every thread on here and it's hard to piece together all the parts needed for the full relocation. some people even say all you need is a box and wires, leaving out the rest of it...

besides the battery box and the extra wire, what is needed to complete a FULLY functional (AND SAFE) battery relocation into the trunk of the cb7?

if i can get all this info. together, i will create one final DIY thread and hopefully end any new "battery relocation" threads

thanks

Comment

Your pics are mia.....
                            1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

What happened to the pics?
                              I went to eat a steak and there were no pics...

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                              JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by 93cb7ExCoupe
                                its really just a box and wires lmao..

put the battery in the trunk where you want it, and then extend the positive wires that were originally on the battery to the trunk.. and for the ground just ground in the trunk instead!!

someone mentioned fuses in one of the threads, and it should only be a few inches from the battery. i'm just trying to get everything sorted out, then put it all together in one final thread

Comment

Working...
                                X