Newbee stereo questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbee stereo questions

Ok I'm looking into putting a system into my wife's car nothing hugh just something that will produce some good sound. It does not have to be LOUD, or hit too hard just needs to sound good. I was looking at Alpine stuff and realized I don't know a damn thing about subs and amps LOL.

I was looking at The Alpine Type S 12" PEAK 900 watts, RMS Peak 300Watts.
    it has a 4 layer Dual vocie coil in the discription it says it 4ohm+4ohm (what the hell does that mean?)

I'm looking at getting two subs what size amp would power them? do they need 300watts each or 900watts each? Thanks for your help and sorry if this is a dumb question.

if you are looking for good sound that is clear you definately don't need to look into alpines. they will be to bassy for you're needs(&your wifes too)
    get new interior speakers. MB Quartz have great Mid and High response) amp those with a reputable 4channel at least 400 watt amp. for subs you can probably have some clean low tight bass if you went with a set of 10" subs rockford, mtx, audiobahn, powercoustics, and JL are all good names you only need like 200 watts if i understand what you're looking for. so go with a 2 channel amp with a reputable name with like 800 watts max.
    hope i could help
    "Sorry i can't let you in, the back seat is down..."

Comment

I second the MB Quarts they are good midrange or Boston Acoustic. Id go with one JL 12W0 if your running a small amp. Or if you get a 700 to 1000 watt amp I'd probably get a Rockford HX2 12. But the second set-up will be pretty bassy if done right in a ported box.

Comment

cant go wrong with any good component set..alpine makes gud ones u could get cheap because they are 04 models...same with mb quart...ur lookin for sound quality..

but if u lookin for some bass...

a good adire audio 15" brahma wont do u wrong with a hifonics 1500w amp

www.realmofexcusion.com (sounds)

Aiko (then) & Ayu (now)

Comment

i have dual alpine type-s 10" subs that push out the power your talking about. they are pretty bassy, so if your not looking for that then def. go with the MB quartz like others have been talking about, i have alpine type-r's in the rear for speakers and they sound awesome, but i dont know if there basy or not, cause the subs are right behind them, haha, but anyways, check out my page if you wanna see my setup, www.cardomain.com/id/williamsvt
          Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Tax Returns!!!

Well guys give me what you got I want the best stuff on the market. I don't care anymore if it is bassy I getting a huge return and have nothing else to spend it on so give me some set up ideas Thanks

SteveB: Thank you for explaining that for me. I don't know much about audio but I'm learning
            Last edited by 91cord; 03-01-2005, 06:27 PM.

Comment

For good sounding, and I know I'm gonna catch flak for this, but audiobahn makes some excellent 6.5" speakers. They fit nicely in the rear and produce some good bass with a good deck. In front you really have to watch the depth of the speaker. I bought the cheapest pair of Infinity speakers I could find and they BARELY fit. I had to do some dremmeling to the basket to make it fit. So be sure to watch that. Audiobahn's definitely wont fit in there. Head unit I would go w/ just about anything pioneer or panasonic. I have never, ever, ever had problems with either brand. Well, that's my two cents.

Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
              D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
              ┴─┴
              ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

sonic bliss car audio can help you! if your willing to pay for expert advice. we do system blueprinting as well as online system design and system mapping. please contact me at AIM=SonicBlissAudio
                or email me at sonicblisscaraudio@hotmail.com
                New site will be up soon. thanks again
                To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

stay away from audiobahn lol. if you want quality equipment, do as said above and look into those mb quarts. How much money are you getting back that you want to spend on the system? Also are you looking into juts subs or getting speakers also. You will definatly need to start off with a good head unit first. stay away from sony and dual and all that other crap. The high end of pioneer is very good, and i think its the best for the price. look into the 860mp and 9500 and other models that begin with 8 or 9 lol. for speakers you want to go with a nice component setup in front with the woofer and a tweeter with a crossover. rear speakers are something that you may or may not want to replace. its really all preference. if you end up getting rear speakers, you should get a coaxial set. and then subs. you said you dont wnat too much bass, then i wouldnt look at 2 12" subs. maybe 1 12" type-r or 2 10" subs. head into your local audio shop and listen to what they hvae to offer and keep us updated on your decisions.

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys, and I'll let you know what stuff we get.

Between my wife and myself we are getting back close to 3,000. Plus the money saved from before so close to 5,000 just to play with. I also have to pay for all the fiberglass supples and MDF to make boxes with all the fun stuff.

Comment

i like my quantum 6 1/2'' i got in my car, the sound decent and at 50 bucks on clearence i was more than glad i got them. my recommendations would be just buy some sweet replacement speakers. maybe even some rockford fosgates, they are expensive but worth the money in my opinion.

Comment

Whats wrong w/ audiobahn????

Comment

Originally posted by FamilyCar
                          Whats wrong w/ audiobahn????
                          its all a matter of preference. Personally i think theyre stuff sounds bad and muddy and i dunno. I prefer high quality stuff. I guess you get what you pay for. my friend had an amp and it barely even pushed his subwoofer until he got his hifonics brutus with the same power.

Comment

neverheard audiobahn's midrange or highs. i have the subs, an amp, and a 4ch amp for my polk components and coaxials....

Comment

Originally posted by ckyskater733
                              stay away from audiobahn lol. if you want quality equipment, do as said above and look into those mb quarts. How much money are you getting back that you want to spend on the system? Also are you looking into juts subs or getting speakers also. You will definatly need to start off with a good head unit first. stay away from sony and dual and all that other crap. The high end of pioneer is very good, and i think its the best for the price. look into the 860mp and 9500 and other models that begin with 8 or 9 lol. for speakers you want to go with a nice component setup in front with the woofer and a tweeter with a crossover. rear speakers are something that you may or may not want to replace. its really all preference. if you end up getting rear speakers, you should get a coaxial set. and then subs. you said you dont wnat too much bass, then i wouldnt look at 2 12" subs. maybe 1 12" type-r or 2 10" subs. head into your local audio shop and listen to what they hvae to offer and keep us updated on your decisions.
                              audiobahn's is good quality stuff.i have the a2800e amp and i love it.i just got a kicker 5 band eq and two 10" kicker comps in a sealed box. STAY AWAY FROM BEST BUY AND CIRCUIT CITY it is all JUNK!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X