Tang Band 6.5" Subwoofer/Audio Set-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tang Band 6.5" Subwoofer/Audio Set-up

I think I have finally decided on an audio set up for my CB. I just bought 2 speaker pods from an EX, so 4" Orion XTR coaxial speakers up front should do well enough. The rear deck will have my 2 6.5" Orion XTR coaxial speakers mounted directly to the deck. As for a sub set up I wanted something I could remove easily for whatever occasion. After some thought, and input from members here, I decided against this. I am now designing something similar to this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JB70PLEZME

Except I only want 2 of them. Mounted in the same location though. The door/deck speakers will be ran off my head unit, it gives them enough power without starving them, and it sounds fine. The Tang Band subs will probably be powered by an Orion CO500.1. The output is 250 watts @ 2 ohms and 175 @ 4 ohms. That is a 40% decrease. If I wired the 2 subs to 8 ohms, with another 40% decrease in power output, output should be 105 watts. That would be perfect for the pair of tiny subs. (though to be honest I don't know if that is how that works )

I will spend a couple of weeks working on design of the box before I ever make anything. I am going to take measurements tonight and see how big of a box I could fit between the 2 deck speakers. After that I will try to find the best way to make a good ported box for them. I want the box to be the most efficient box possible since wattage and cone surface area will be a minimum.

Anyways, I want some input on the idea for the box, my speaker set up, and the subs.

Thanks
    _C'est La Vie, C'est La Mort_

Most efficient box??
    look up "tapped horns"

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Doesn't that require some massive volume for the box though?

Comment

I would advise getting an amp for your insides

And going for the 4 subs over the 2

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
          Most efficient box??
          look up "tapped horns"
          Looked them up. They look like they take a little more "know-how" than what I have. And they do seem to take up a lot of room for the woofer size. I'm trying to hang this from my rear deck, with 2 6.5" subs.

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
          I would advise getting an amp for your insides

And going for the 4 subs over the 2
          I may eventually get an amp for my full range speakers, but for now they sound decent enough. The 4 subs would sound better, but I'm just looking to get a little better lows, not a whole lot. I think 2 in a ported box will suffice for my needs.
          Last edited by mr_naler; 02-27-2011, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_naler View Post
            Looked them up. They look like they take a little more "know-how" than what I have. And they do seem to take up a lot of room for the woofer size. I'm trying to hang this from my rear deck, with 2 6.5" subs.

I may eventually get an amp for my full range speakers, but for now they sound decent enough. The 4 subs would sound better, but I'm just looking to get a little better lows, not a whole lot. I think 2 in a ported box will suffice for my needs.
            Hey man, pm me, and i may be able to help you with some ideas and poss box design goals.
            My System
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165155

Comment

Originally posted by tgdrums1990 View Post
              Hey man, pm me, and i may be able to help you with some ideas and poss box design goals.
              You have PM

Comment

Working...
              X