cd player/ipod/mp3/usb/whatever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cd player/ipod/mp3/usb/whatever

i need to really really really buy a gift for my gf. since she drives a honda(lol) with a stock cd player, i decided to buy her a newer cd player.

But much has changed since i last bought my pioneer deh p 6700mp3 cd player. now i don't even know what to look for. i do know it has to be cd player with a removable face, with a i pod conection mp3 usb etc etc etc.

i looked at this pioneer 8300ub
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-DEHP8300...item2a0d718b15

but i just don't know how good it is.

my limit is about $200 more or less.
    can anyone shot an idea or two for cd players. i'd like to stay with pioneer but hey if you have something better let me know
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

deh 3200ub all the things you listed there for 100 bucks
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...EH-3200UB.html

deh 5200hd all things you listed and built in hd radio for 130
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...H-P5200HD.html

deh 6200bt comes with all things you listed and blue tooth for 140
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...H-P6200BT.html

all are pioneer and come with warrenty. all good units

if i were to pick from those id get the 6200 because it has 3 sets of 4volt pre outs. so if you were to ever run amps in her car it would work very well and sound extremely clean.
    Last edited by onelivinlarge; 02-15-2011, 09:57 AM.

Comment

I have a strong feeling she will never run amps in her car.

Also 4 volt outputs won't help the sound get cleaner... seriously, do you know much about high voltage outputs? It helps noise reduction in some cases but not sound quality.

And if she ever runs amps the most she'd ever run is an amp for a sub because she considers an iPod + bass boost at max to be SQ don't she?

Comment

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
        I have a strong feeling she will never run amps in her car.

Also 4 volt outputs won't help the sound get cleaner... seriously, do you know much about high voltage outputs? It helps noise reduction in some cases but not sound quality.

And if she ever runs amps the most she'd ever run is an amp for a sub because she considers an iPod + bass boost at max to be SQ don't she?
        high volt pre outs were designed to push a louder signal so that not to pick up ground noise and to not have the amps gain as high. but i see your point. and in that case id just get a 3200

Comment

i might install an amp on her car. nothing big just something for the cabin speakers and that is it.
          money is no issue here. i just didn't know what was out there. all i am using on my own cb7 is a deh p 6600mp and that is it. for me that is as good as i want. for her is a different story. lol i just don't know what is out there. but the 6200 one looks fine for her. i just hate how this latest versions have the usb input up front.

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord View Post
            i might install an amp on her car. nothing big just something for the cabin speakers and that is it.
            money is no issue here. i just didn't know what was out there. all i am using on my own cb7 is a deh p 6600mp and that is it. for me that is as good as i want. for her is a different story. lol i just don't know what is out there. but the 6200 one looks fine for her. i just hate how this latest versions have the usb input up front.
            i agree i dislike how its upfront but does make it easy access

Comment

i know and you don't have to buy the ipad wires for 30 dollars.

Comment

Working...
              X