push button start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
    You'll need a circuit that triggers a relay whenever it senses the fob nearby...maybe some kind of bluetooth.
    Theres an alarm system that has this feature. Maybe i can wire something to my alarm and have it work someway like that. I have lots of ideas at the moment. Just need to find out how to do it.

'90 Accord EX(project)
    '88 CRX SI(DD)-SOLD
    '95 Prelude SIVTEC-SOLD

Comment

you could save yourself from all the wiring and just do your push to start this way:

Turn your key to the on position
      Put the car in neutral
      Release your parking brake
      Open your door
      Get out
      Hold the steering wheel with your right hand, and the A-pillar with your left
      Push the car as fast as you can
      Jump back in
      Close the door
      Push in the clutch
      Shift into first
      Pop the clutch
      Drive away

On second thought, I had to do that numerous times when I stored my car with a crappy battery. It sucks. Just follow the relay diagrams above for installing a button. Although it really serves no purpose, it's kinda cool. I like mine.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by samrjr0044 View Post
        Theres an alarm system that has this feature. Maybe i can wire something to my alarm and have it work someway like that. I have lots of ideas at the moment. Just need to find out how to do it.
        Really?? What alarm?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

There are some cars that have unlocks like that... I can't remember what, basically you carry around some kind of special key or card or computer chip or oompa loompa or something and it automatically unlocks the door when you're close, locks it when you walk away.

Comment

Working...
          X