push button start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

push button start

does some one know how to wire a push button starter? im just not sure where to hook up the wires..on my starter,it have 3 points the wires connect to.one would be hooked to positive battery cable,the other is this white/black wire that goes with the harness.( i think they call a spade clip?),and the last has a wire that connects from the solenoid and motor together..im just not sure where to connect the wire from the switch to the starter being able to control the starter to start..

Search the do it yourself section.... It helps. Took me less then 2 minutes

S2K Push Start

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
    PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...h+button+start

i have a remote start on mine .

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by stunin92_accord View Post
        does some one know how to wire a push button starter? im just not sure where to hook up the wires..on my starter,it have 3 points the wires connect to.one would be hooked to positive battery cable,the other is this white/black wire that goes with the harness.( i think they call a spade clip?),and the last has a wire that connects from the solenoid and motor together..im just not sure where to connect the wire from the switch to the starter being able to control the starter to start..
        NICE another Islander on the board. Although I'm from Palau I live on the East coast..but I got family in Guam not sure about Saipan.
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

@ accrdkid,watsup bro,how long you'v been staying in the states? any chance of visiting the islands?

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_CB7_TX View Post
            Search the do it yourself section.... It helps. Took me less then 2 minutes

S2K Push Start
            Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
            Too bad those pics dont work

'90 Accord EX(project)
            '88 CRX SI(DD)-SOLD
            '95 Prelude SIVTEC-SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by samrjr0044 View Post
              Too bad those pics dont work
              True but the write up was done very well.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
              PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

what i don't understand is why would you want to add another step to starting the car? you already have the key turned in the ignition and then you have to press a button. later.
                Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by stunin92_accord View Post
                  @ accrdkid,watsup bro,how long you'v been staying in the states? any chance of visiting the islands?
                  I've been here since 94. I lived in Guam for about two years and Palau for six..as for visiting?? Man I planned on going there this summer to visit family..but eh hefty price tag on a plane ticket...and summer class kinda got in the way.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

At the main ign harness

Black/white- pin 30 of relay
                    White - pin 87 of relay
                    ground - pin 85 of relay
                    Push button switch from white fused 12v - pin 86 of relay

My setup
                    http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=309648y&s=4

Comment

extra sense of security??? idk cool factor??? i did it to my m3 just for extra security when people drive my car they can never figure it out unless i tell them i have a push start and how to operate it...

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                      what i don't understand is why would you want to add another step to starting the car? you already have the key turned in the ignition and then you have to press a button. later.
                      MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=175158

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                        I know right

I want to do it, but make it a real push start button. Get rid of the ignition switch, and for the button to only function when the control is near. I've been doing research on it. I will eventually do it. Just a few wires cut and soldered. Nothing that i cant handle.lol

'90 Accord EX(project)
                        '88 CRX SI(DD)-SOLD
                        '95 Prelude SIVTEC-SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                          At the main ign harness

Black/white- pin 30 of relay
                          White - pin 87 of relay
                          ground - pin 85 of relay
                          Push button switch from white fused 12v - pin 86 of relay

My setup
                          http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=309648y&s=4
                          Now thats nice!

'90 Accord EX(project)
                          '88 CRX SI(DD)-SOLD
                          '95 Prelude SIVTEC-SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by samrjr0044 View Post
                            I know right

I want to do it, but make it a real push start button. Get rid of the ignition switch, and for the button to only function when the control is near. I've been doing research on it. I will eventually do it. Just a few wires cut and soldered. Nothing that i cant handle.lol
                            You'll need a circuit that triggers a relay whenever it senses the fob nearby...maybe some kind of bluetooth.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

You could make some sort of magnetic card. Just place the card where the magnet sensor is (maybe in the dash or somewhere thats easy to access but not obvious). That way theres no visual sensor or anything and when the sensor it tripped by a card (or a fridge magnet if you loose the card), it will essentially 'unlock' the car and allow for the push start to work.

Comment

Working...
                              X