Gauge wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gauge wiring

Ok guys I just got a 2 pod holster with an air fuel ratio and boost gauge but the problem is I have no idea whatsoever on how to wire this up. I have absolutely no experiece when it comes to wiring, I am a total newbie. LOL In fact, I fear wiring its confusing, so it seems lol.

Does it come with instructions? It should have a power, ground, illumination and sensor wire(s).

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

No I bought it off a friend but idk how long it'll be before he helps me install it. He had it on his civic, and yes it has the ground, sensor, power, illumination wire and vac line for the boost gauge

Comment

For the power, you can tap off of the ign harness.
        Ground goes to any metal on the chassis. Look to the interior fuse box, it should be a bolt with black wires going to it somewhere. Or can be tapped to a ground wire.
        Illumination can be tapped from the radio.
        Sensor wires go to there respective sensor wires. I think the A/F is sensitive and may mess up your ecu readings if it's stock. I remember reading that somewhere.
        There is a hole above the ecu in the firewall.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
          For the power, you can tap off of the ign harness.
          Ground goes to any metal on the chassis. Look to the interior fuse box, it should be a bolt with black wires going to it somewhere. Or can be tapped to a ground wire.
          Illumination can be tapped from the radio.
          Sensor wires go to there respective sensor wires. I think the A/F is sensitive and may mess up your ecu readings if it's stock. I remember reading that somewhere.
          There is a hole above the ecu in the firewall.
          Ok thanks I'll see what I can do or maybe I'll just wait on my friend lol

Comment

If you try it. Triple check your connections and connection quality. You don't want a random wire shorting while you're doing 130

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
              If you try it. Triple check your connections and connection quality. You don't want a random wire shorting while you're doing 130
              Thats true, thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
              X