Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some of my lights work and some don't PLEASE HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of my lights work and some don't PLEASE HELP!!

Ok so here it goes. I finally have a license and insurance again after almost three years. I'm supposed to be going to get a tag on my car tomorrow afternoon but now I have run into a problem. I needed new light bulbs for my low beams, and both bulbs on each side in my corner lights so I stopped on my way to work today to get them but ended up only getting the low beam bulbs because they didn't have the other. I plugged them in when I got home and back to my car tonight (i'm relying on rides from other people right now) and nothing happend. My high beams and parking lights work up front, my running lights and brake lights work on the rear, my turn signals in the rear don't work, and I have no clue what is going on. I'm not being lazy and am trying to go through wiring diagrams right now and troubleshoot this with a flashlight in my backyard lol. But if anyone has had something similar or knows something that could help me it would be a godsend right now. From what i've seen in the diagrams in my Haynes manual it looks as if some parts of the lighting wiring may be hooked up in a series where if you didn't have one bulb hooked up that another may not work but I don't have alot of experience with this. I'm going to start first thing tomorrow morning with a multimeter and check for power once again but right now i'm stumped. I'm about to go outside and get the colors of all of the wiring and see if I can track down the problem. If I haven't explained anything good enough or if anyone needs more information just let me know. This sucks.

Have you checked the fuses?
    Also check to see if the headlight connectors are melted.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

All fuses look good. The connectors on the headlights, corners, and everything look good also. I did start moving some of the wiring around getting ready to do a wire tuck. I know everyone is about to freak out lol. I've read and read and read about wire tucks for almost three months or so before I messed with anything. I was VERY gentle with moving anything and never actually moved any of it that far and NEVER pushed on it. Then again with the age of the wiring who knows if one of them was brittle enough to break. The first thing I did when both low beams wouldn't work was check the fuses though. I have no clue how a cb7 is wired but I would think when both of them don't work that it's something in the wiring or maybe a ground somewhere... I know car stereo a little bit but not this kind of shit lol. Are the high beams and low beams wired up off of the same power and ground? If so I could have possibly broken one of those wires after it split btu at the same time why would it be happening to both sides?

Comment

Thanks for the quick response Evil. Sick ass car btw also.

Comment

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Bump and i'm still not on the road. Help a brotha out.

Comment

Working...
            X