No announcement yet.

Installed DEI 530T?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im not sure how much they can handle. I know one of them are for fogs, so im assuming at least 15 to 20 amps.

Just tag that fat white wire off the ignition harness.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
      Im not sure how much they can handle. I know one of them are for fogs, so im assuming at least 15 to 20 amps.

Just tag that fat white wire off the ignition harness.
      That fat wire looks like a 10Ga right?

Comment

something like that.

Fuse it.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

something like that.

Fuse it.
          Did you do a trunk popper on yours? Could you take some pics? Explosive view and close up view? I saw lots of pics but all are close up so I can't tell which side of the trunk they were on.

Thanks.

Comment

nah, I didnt.

Shove the actuator in there...and make it work lol.

I have done it for other cars.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Here's my actuator installed. I got the relay and every thing else ready. I'll do that tomorrow. The black stuffs on the trunk is from the Dynamat peel back. Where is the best place for me to tap the constant 12V for the relay? Other than the antenna? I tried testing from the lights plugs and nothing constant 12V I could find.
              Thanks.

Comment

You need to mount it with screws.

You dont need a positive line in the trunk. Easist way is to ground one side of the motor on the trunk. Then run a wire to your brain. Use a relay to convert the negitive output signal from the brain to positive. Tada!

To wire the relay.

30-12v constant
                87-wire to actuator
                86-connect to 30.
                85-ground signal from alarm

This will shoot a positive when the negitive trigger is activated by the brain.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Coolio mod for ppl who have alarms.
                  **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                  Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                  Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

You need to mount it with screws.
                    Why? Is it for the longevity of the mounting? I zip tie the actuator and it's pretty tight and not moving. Just curious. It's easier for me b/c I don't need to drill any metal.

You dont need a positive line in the trunk. Easist way is to ground one side of the motor on the trunk. Then run a wire to your brain. Use a relay to convert the negitive output signal from the brain to positive. Tada!

To wire the relay.

30-12v constant
                    87-wire to actuator
                    86-connect to 30.
                    85-ground signal from alarm

This will shoot a positive when the negitive trigger is activated by the brain.
                    That's how I got my relay to wire up. I also have a diode on the relay between 86 and 85 with the band toward 86 like this diagram. I would guess I would have the relay under the dash and run the one wire to the trunk for the actuator.
                    Does it really matter if I have the wire to the actuator from 87 or 30?

For the main relay harness, I want to do a kill switch on it using the negative wire. Do you know how low does the main relay drop before I do it? I want to instead of cutting the wire, I would depin it and use a junkyard plug for the switch to avoid cutting. To depin it needs to drop low into the foot well.
                    Thanks.
                    Thanks.
                    Last edited by Bad_dude; 08-07-2012, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Trunk pop is done. It's pretty powerful for a $1.74 actuator from Ebay. I would say the LED strips and the windows modules are left and be done with my options.
                      Got some new amps coming. All inexpensive and old school, freaking powerful dude.
                      Thanks accordztech. You are the most patient helping me with this project.

Comment

Working...
                      X