No announcement yet.

Installed DEI 530T?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont know why people waste time installing that module under their dash. Might as well put it in the door, you run less wires this way.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

The instructions claim it will get too wet in the door.
      Not your experience?

So you put it in the driver's door and then only have to run the control and power wires into the driver's door and the large gauge motor wires into the passenger door?
      90 Accord Ex, F22A4. Slight fire damage.

Comment

Originally posted by H.M. View Post
        The instructions claim it will get too wet in the door.
        Not your experience?

So you put it in the driver's door and then only have to run the control and power wires into the driver's door and the large gauge motor wires into the passenger door?
        it can get wet in the door. But if you put it in a smart spot then it wont, like just under the switches on the dry side of the door. I did that for years, not one of them got wet.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

ok, thanks, then that's what I will do.

Can you tap a power connection inside the door or do you have to bring that in through the door loom?
          90 Accord Ex, F22A4. Slight fire damage.

Comment

Can you tap a power connection inside the door or do you have to bring that in through the door loom?
            You could tap power in the window but don't forget that single module is handling 2 doors or 4 doors in one direction. Thus that thinner single power wire in the door might not do well for the entire module. So if you put the module in the door, I think the only wires you need to run back in the car are 3 right? Constant 12V, ground, and trigger wires.
            Here's the important question, the passenger's side door, can we just tap the wires in the driver's door or do we need to go in between the switch and the motor for the passenger's door? If we have to go in between the motor and switch then it will be 4 long wires going across.
            Thanks.
            Last edited by Bad_dude; 07-04-2012, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
              His last activity was Nov, 2010.

I don't think he is going to answer anytime soon.

Your still sitting on this alarm?

Damn dude I never seen anyone get so crazy over an alarm.
              Thanks for your concern. Every thing I do requires detailed research, and well thought out methods and steps. So when it's time to do it, I would do it fast, quick, and correctly. I don't have the luxury of a garage so I have to do it this way. I need the job done in one day and not drag out b/c I am trying for trial and error.
              I am certain that all installers start out not knowing much until they ask questions, learn from others, and learn from actual installing systems. It's the same process in general for every one to first ask questions while learning. No one is born an expert in anything. I am sure that some will think that my questions are stupid and excessive. At least I have the balls to ask when others are too scare to ask. No question is a dumb question, as all of us at least once ask a question that others think it's dumb.
              When I started my computer experience way back in 1996, it took me 2 months to ask many questions, learn every thing, read lots, and stayed up all night and sleep only 4 hours per night. 2 months later, I took half an hour to put my first computer together, half an hour for all drivers installation and I did all this while watching TV. Now I could build a computer in my sleep no matter how new, and I can diagnose any computer problem whether hardware, software, or network issues. This is all just for a hobby.
              I had to explain this as this is the 2nd time that you asked why I sit on the alarm.
              But overall, thanks for your concern. I have learned a great deal in this recent month. This is my new hobby and I want to know about all of the options available. It's just a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
                You could tap power in the window but don't forget that single module is handling 2 doors or 4 doors in one direction. Thus that thinner single power wire in the door might not do well for the entire module. So if you put the module in the door, I think the only wires you need to run back in the car are 3 right? Constant 12V, ground, and trigger wires.
                Here's the important question, the passenger's side door, can we just tap the wires in the driver's door or do we need to go in between the switch and the motor for the passenger's door? If we have to go in between the motor and switch then it will be 4 long wires going across.
                Thanks.
                As for the thin wire in the door, its pretty thick and your essentially doing the same thing the switch does, roll up and down so your fine....BUT You cant tag 12v power in the door. That circuit for the window is only powered when the ignition is on. Your window module will be operating when the car is off so there is no way it can get power. You have to run a line inside the car.

As for the passenger window, tag all the wires in the drivers door.

tap power somewhere else, not in the door. There isnt a constant 12v supply in the door.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                  As for the thin wire in the door, its pretty thick and your essentially doing the same thing the switch does, roll up and down so your fine....BUT You cant tag 12v power in the door. That circuit for the window is only powered when the ignition is on. Your window module will be operating when the car is off so there is no way it can get power. You have to run a line inside the car.

As for the passenger window, tag all the wires in the drivers door.

tap power somewhere else, not in the door. There isnt a constant 12v supply in the door.
                  OK. I get it now. There's no constant 12V in the door. So why when you just stop the engine and take the key out, the windows are still operational until you take the key out?
                  When you say tag the wires for the passenger's door in the driver's side, I don't get it b/c how do I wires them in between the motor and the switch on the passenger's side? So if I tap in the wires for the passenger's door in the driver's door, that would mean I am just wiring them to the switch on the passenger's door?
                  Thanks.

Comment

I went to the junkyard today and found a DEI 529T. I know it's only for one window up and down. It would do 2 windows in one direction of a sunroof. The way I found it at the junkyard, it was wired into the driver's door and nothing in the other doors.
                    Does the DEI 529T has load control so the motor won't get damage?

Thanks.

Comment

I went to the junkyard today and found a DEI 529T. I know it's only for one window up and down. It would do 2 windows in one direction of a sunroof. The way I found it at the junkyard, it was wired into the driver's door and nothing in the other doors.
                      Does the DEI 529T has load control so the motor won't get damage?

Thanks.
                      yes.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

yes.
                        So in that case, I could just buy a 530T for the front windows and keep the 529T for one direction in the rear or vice versa right? All of the wiring can be done in the driver's door?
                        I wonder if 2 units are too big to go into that door? The main reason I want the windows module is to have some vents and control of rolling down at least 2 windows during the hot days.

Thanks.

Comment

So in that case, I could just buy a 530T for the front windows and keep the 529T for one direction in the rear or vice versa right? All of the wiring can be done in the driver's door?
                          I wonder if 2 units are too big to go into that door? The main reason I want the windows module is to have some vents and control of rolling down at least 2 windows during the hot days.

Thanks.
                          You might as well buy another 530t. You will hate that you leave all your windows down and can only roll up half of them, TRUST me....I hate it on my van.

2 units are fine in the door. And yes all the wiring can be done inside the door with the acception of 12v, aux, and trigger going back into the car.

Save the 529t for the sunroof.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Save the 529t for the sunroof.
                            My car does not have sunroof.

Comment

My car does not have sunroof.
                              hah then dont worry about it =).

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Got my alarm today. It didn't have the antenna cable in it. I have contacted them but it's the weekend. I got a really good deal on it. Every thing else is new and I can't test it without the antenna cable. If they can't find the cable, I wonder if I could make the cable myself?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X