Installed DEI 530T?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed DEI 530T?

Has anyone here installed the DEI 530T window roll up module.. If so.. How did you go about doing it.. Pictures would be awesome.. I was gonna mount it up under the dash.. Main question is how/where did you make your wiring connections.. What's the best way to get the wiring through the molex plug.> I've about 8 wires I need to run to the drivers door controls.. Any info would be great

You'll have to grab the wires for it where they come in from the a-pillar under the dash. You can get free wiring diagrams from www.the12volt.com or from a honda repair manual. They can be somewhat tricky to install so take your time and test all your wires with a digital multimeter, not a test light.

My friend put one in his civic when the module was first released a long time back. He was in a restaurant one night and must have accidentally sat on his remote. The windows rolled down on both sides and were open the entire time he was inside. He got lucky and nothing was stolen. So if you do this install, just be careful.

Also, he ended up removing it cause it caused him a lot of greif. I know three professional installers that put this module in their cars and all of them pulled it out in a matter of a couple weeks. They are the ones that talked me out of doing it, so give it some thought.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Thanks.. ! Why did they remove it? What types of problems did they have..? The possiblity of me rolling the windows down via my remote is limited. The aux port for these requires me to hit at least 2 or 3 buttons before I get them to do anything.. And I can also setup a lock feature on my remote

Comment

Originally posted by Samonoske View Post
        Thanks.. ! Why did they remove it? What types of problems did they have..? The possiblity of me rolling the windows down via my remote is limited. The aux port for these requires me to hit at least 2 or 3 buttons before I get them to do anything.. And I can also setup a lock feature on my remote
        Honda windows suck... The 530t uses current draw to know when the window is at the end of travel. The unit has dip switches to dial the settings in. Even when maxed out with most older Hondas it will think the window is all the way down or all the way up while only being at half its travel

Comment

Lol.. noo. Dont tell me that.. haha.. So it's not gonna work properly?

Comment

Originally posted by Samonoske View Post
            Lol.. noo. Dont tell me that.. haha.. So it's not gonna work properly?
            If your windows go down smoothly and the same speed throughout travel it will work fine.... If you have that rare Accord it will work good.

Comment

Guess the only way to know for sure is to do.. Lol.. Let's hope for the best.. Gonna look for the door wires that wherm was speaking of

Comment

I love my window mods. I have 2 so all 4 windows work. I have an extra one i wanted to use for the roof b ut its missing wires and im lazy.i have them in either 3 or 4 of my cars. Its nice to be able to vent them on hot days. what alarm do you have that you can lock the remote, i know i can lock mine i just dont know how.

Comment

Originally posted by floored View Post
                  I love my window mods. I have 2 so all 4 windows work. I have an extra one i wanted to use for the roof b ut its missing wires and im lazy.i have them in either 3 or 4 of my cars. Its nice to be able to vent them on hot days. what alarm do you have that you can lock the remote, i know i can lock mine i just dont know how.
                  I've got the Python 991 Did you do the mods yourself or not? And if you did them yourself what did you do to install yours?

Comment

I used alot of 530t and only had a few problems. On older cars where the windows don't want to roll up very well before you put the module on, they have a hard time. Chevy full sizes have all been problematic in generral and even worse in summer river time temps @115+. There is a DEI tech bulletin on how to modify the module if changing the dip switches can't get it to work.

I used several other brands of cheaper modules in various cars over the years and the 530t has worked the best so far.
                    Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

Originally posted by wherm View Post
                      You'll have to grab the wires for it where they come in from the a-pillar under the dash. You can get free wiring diagrams from www.the12volt.com or from a honda repair manual. They can be somewhat tricky to install so take your time and test all your wires with a digital multimeter, not a test light.

My friend put one in his civic when the module was first released a long time back. He was in a restaurant one night and must have accidentally sat on his remote. The windows rolled down on both sides and were open the entire time he was inside. He got lucky and nothing was stolen. So if you do this install, just be careful.

Also, he ended up removing it cause it caused him a lot of greif. I know three professional installers that put this module in their cars and all of them pulled it out in a matter of a couple weeks. They are the ones that talked me out of doing it, so give it some thought.
                      i have seen people have problems with these but if you run a solid power wire prefferably right from the battery and diode isolate all the trigger wires yu will be ok. i have probably put 1000s of these thing in since i opend my shop and less than 10% have ever had an issue, when properly installed i have had a 530t in each of our 4 cars for years and never one problem. any tech info can be found on deis website and the wire colors for the unit are on the bottom of it.

Comment

Originally posted by platinumb View Post
                        i have seen people have problems with these but if you run a solid power wire prefferably right from the battery and diode isolate all the trigger wires yu will be ok. i have probably put 1000s of these thing in since i opend my shop and less than 10% have ever had an issue, when properly installed i have had a 530t in each of our 4 cars for years and never one problem. any tech info can be found on deis website and the wire colors for the unit are on the bottom of it.
                        1 out of 10 failure is terrible btw...

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I was just wondering if you had success installing the module? Did you do 4 doors or just 2? Share some wiring info would you?
                          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
                            I know this is an old thread but I was just wondering if you had success installing the module? Did you do 4 doors or just 2? Share some wiring info would you?
                            Thanks.
                            His last activity was Nov, 2010.

I don't think he is going to answer anytime soon.

Your still sitting on this alarm?

Damn dude I never seen anyone get so crazy over an alarm.

Comment

Bad dude's doing great research!
                              90 Accord Ex, F22A4. Slight fire damage.

Comment

Working...
                              X