Roof Antenna.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roof Antenna.

Has anyone tried to put like a rubber antenna on their roof like what comes in todays cars? I guess ever since antennas stopped coming on the trunk and going like 6ft in the air I've always wanted to do one on mine. I really like the roof antenna that comes on the EVO and Lancer. Does anyone know if this is possible or rather how difficult it would be?
    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

I think there's one member who has a functional one, but all the others ive seen have been fakes.

Someone correct me if im wrong, but id think all it means is running the antenna wire to the new spot, drilling and connecting, etc.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I don't like the whole cutting-into-your-roof idea.

But yeah, all you've gotta do is cut a hole for the antenna, and run the wiring; like greencb7inkc just said. Be sure to seal it with silicone.

Why not an indoor antenna, S2k, other small antenna?
      My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Is an indoor antenna going to be just as good? Where might I find one? And I saw the S2K antenna it might be a viable alternative. It doesnt look as bad on the trunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
          Is an indoor antenna going to be just as good?
          no.....

FUBA antennae will help your Google search

Comment

not that difficult.. you just have to tear through the c-pillar panels and some to the headliner for the wires.. just remember to measure 99999X before you drill that hole..

Comment

i like those shark fin antenna on the BMW
              VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
              1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
              MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Originally posted by casterX View Post
                not that difficult.. you just have to tear through the c-pillar panels and some to the headliner for the wires.. just remember to measure 99999X before you drill that hole..

Oh nooo, not me. This will be professional installation. I wouldnt dare cut a hole into the frame by myself. So if they mess it up, I can get a free roof.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                  Oh nooo, not me. This will be professional installation. I wouldnt dare cut a hole into the frame by myself. So if they mess it up, I can get a free roof.

ummm.. free roof? so they would have to tear and change the whole roof if they mess it up..? i don't think so.. at most, it would be a patch-up job if they mess up..

if you want something done right, do it yourself.. just do your homework/research thoroughly and you'll be ok..

Comment

Caster, did you CUT the hole or DRILL it? I'd think a drill would be the better idea. And it probably doesnt have to be too big either.

But, if anyone DIYs it, Id' measure the shit out of the outside for placement of the antenna. Like 10 times to be sure. Also, sealing it would be hard and important. Gaskets, sealants...all that stuff.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                    Originally posted by Jarrett
                    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                      Caster, did you CUT the hole or DRILL it? I'd think a drill would be the better idea. And it probably doesnt have to be too big either.

But, if anyone DIYs it, Id' measure the shit out of the outside for placement of the antenna. Like 10 times to be sure. Also, sealing it would be hard and important. Gaskets, sealants...all that stuff.

drill.. and went on with a drill bit that made the hole bigger(forgot what its called).. paint or prime the edge of the new hole for rust prevention. seals and gaskets usually come with the antennae. use a rope to measure so as it would follow the contour of the roof and use distinct land marks to get it centered. also, consider the double wall along the edge of the glass.. i drilled mine 6inches from the edge..

Comment

Stock location. I just need to figure out how to wire it. Any one know? Coaxle to wires. Adapter?
                        http://WWW.DUBWISE.NET

My Job!

9DUBWISE 92 LXhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142580

RHD ITR conversionhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172577

Comment

Originally posted by 9DUBWISE View Post
                          Stock location. I just need to figure out how to wire it. Any one know? Coaxle to wires. Adapter?
                          every antenna wire is coaxial.. What car is it from.. What does the antenna connector look like.. Take a pic of the connector.

Comment

Originally posted by casterX View Post
                            drill.. and went on with a drill bit that made the hole bigger(forgot what its called
                            Unibit, or step drill bit. I call it a unibit personally.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 9DUBWISE View Post
                              Strip the outside casing off. There will be a webbing of wire around a plastic tube. Peel that back by hand and twist it all together into a single strand. Carefully strip the plastic tubing back to reveal the single antenna wire. Do the same to the other antenna wire after cutting the end off. Twist the single antenna wires together and solder them. Tape the connection making sure that none of the outer mesh wire is in the way. Next, twist the mesh wiring together from each of the antenna wires. Solder that, and just wrap the entire cable with electrical tape to insulate all connections.

The only other thing I could suggest is that if the antenna you installed has a coax fitting on the end, just install a coax fitting on the car side of the antenna wire and use a male to male threaded connector to join them.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X