Car won't start??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car won't start??

So I drove my car all weekend and had no issues..actually i have never had an issue with it like this.

I roll up to work and im just letting it idle..then it dies.??

I try to start is back up and it sounds like it wants to go but its not. My buddy is a honda tech and he comes down and we replace the Main relay because i don't hear the fuel pump turning on..he says its happened to him so we replace it....no go.

We check for spark and i dont have any..and the fuel pump is still not turning on.

Im lost so my other buddy said i could have fried my ECU...but i mean how??

I have a Viper alarm system so im thinking that maybe it got hit and or wet somehow and put my car on lock down.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.

i already blow 50 bucks on the main relay and im not about to go out and blow another on a ecu if i dont have too.

Thanks ahead of time everyone

Originally posted by kantkillkeenan View Post
    So I drove my car all weekend and had no issues..actually i have never had an issue with it like this.

I roll up to work and im just letting it idle..then it dies.??

I try to start is back up and it sounds like it wants to go but its not. My buddy is a honda tech and he comes down and we replace the Main relay because i don't hear the fuel pump turning on..he says its happened to him so we replace it....no go.

We check for spark and i dont have any..and the fuel pump is still not turning on.

Im lost so my other buddy said i could have fried my ECU...but i mean how??

I have a Viper alarm system so im thinking that maybe it got hit and or wet somehow and put my car on lock down.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.

i already blow 50 bucks on the main relay and im not about to go out and blow another on a ecu if i dont have too.

Thanks ahead of time everyone
    Bypass the alarm system and see if it starts up from there. also check ur coil pack.

To test if u got spark, spray a lil bit of carb cleaner in the intake. If the car comes to life for a few seconds then u got fuel problems. If it doesn't come to life after u sprayed it, then u got no spark.

Try those things first.

Comment

I have to contact Viper first..arg

Comment

Check your dizzy. There is a modle on the side with 4-5 wires going to it, depends on if your internal or external I think... Ive seen them vary a lil. This is your ignighter controler... These have been known to fail, as well as your coil... Check both of these...

Check your fuses.... And make sure the main relay is good... I dnt know why you fuel pump isnt running...

Most alarm systems installed by most shops only cut the starter wire... So bassically the car wnt start untill the alarm is dissarmed. Alarms to my knowledge unless somthing fancy or installed by a guru dnt mess with the fuel systems...

Try another ecu, there is nuthing you could have done to make your ecu fry. Electronics will die randomly, luck of the draw. Sunburn on here bought a chipped ecu, and it fried with in a month.
        My System
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165155

Comment

Originally posted by kantkillkeenan View Post
          I have to contact Viper first..arg
          viper wont talk to you...

Typically the alarm will only interrupt the starter wire..So if your car cranks its not that. The relay is typically closed so if you unplug the alarm or pull the fuse it will disable it.

Comment

I replaced the main relay and i still have no spark and the pump isnt turning on. I could try another ECU but all i have at home is a P28 and a P13..can i just hook one of these up and see???

Your right about Viper..i have to contact the dealer.

Like i said i was just sitting in the car and it just turned off and didnt want to start back up..grrr

Comment

Changed the ECU to a P12 and still no dice. We are going to check to see if i have fuel pressure next.

Comment

We changed the coil and it still didnt start. I have juice going to the fuel pump but the fuel pump isnt turning on. No fuel to the motor, plus no spark.

So we tried.

ECU
                Coil
                Main Relay

i dont have spark or fuel, when i try and start it..it does crank but since its not getting spark or fuel well..it doesnt turn over.

If anyone has the slightest clue on what it might be then let me know. I have a Honda tech as a friend and hes lost..never seen this happen before.

we are going to try the ignition next but that still doesnt explain the fuel pump??

Comment

Can you get a quick video of what it sounds like when its trying to start?

Upload it on youtube real quick.

Comment

Ill do that tomorrow when im free. Its mom day so i cant. It sounds like it starting but no sputtering or bucking of the motor at all. No spark...No fuel

Comment

Working...
                    X