X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accessory wire help

hey guys
    i installed my new head unit last week and it was working fine

then i tried inserting a new din sleeve/pocket thing for the gap and when i reconnected it, the head unit wouldnt turn on at all - it seems as if it wasnt getting any power
    so i tried disconnecting all the wires and reconnecting them all, it still wouldnt work
    i then connected the red wire from the head units harness to the same wire as i connected the yellow wire to (power) and it worked fine

so my basic conclusion:the head unit and head units wiring harness is fine
    it seems like the cars accessory wire is stuffed, therefore the head unit wasnt turning on when i turned the ignition on

can ne1 give me any advice as to how to repair the accessory wire or maybe a little check to do?
    all the fuses in my fuse box are fine
    thanks
    ash

you can connect it to the fusebox near your feet...
    get a continuity tester and find a port where it gets power when the key is on..connect the red cable there..

idk what could be causing the problem, maybe burnt wiring?

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
    Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
    Originally posted by bmxicansd
    so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Comment

Thanks man.where is the fuse box near my feet and how do i get to it? When i said that all my fuses are fine i was talking about the fuse box under the hood.didnt know there is one near my feet also..

Comment

Originally posted by ash View Post
        When i said that all my fuses are fine i was talking about the fuse box under the hood.didnt know there is one near my feet also..

there's your problem.. the fuse for the accessory is located in the kick panel by your feet..

Comment

get in your car, kick your left foot to the left and there it is..

Rush

Comment

Thanks guys.i think i know what your talking about.i thought it might be a fuse for the accessory wire but didnt know where it was.i will check it out when i get home and let yous know how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by ash View Post
              Thanks guys.i think i know what your talking about.i thought it might be a fuse for the accessory wire but didnt know where it was.i will check it out when i get home and let yous know how it goes

if you have a continuity tester, use that to check the fuses so that you dont have to pull them out one by one..

Rush

Comment

It was my accessory wire fuse that was gone.replaced it and its fine now.thanks again (Y)

Comment

Working...
                X