No announcement yet.

91 cb7 rpm drop with lights turned on 97 civic lights get brighter and dimmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 cb7 rpm drop with lights turned on 97 civic lights get brighter and dimmer

I just got a 91 coupe and was told that when the headlights are turned on that the rpms drop. I've looked through the manual and can't find anything. It covers nothing for the rpm gauge dropping wihen the lights are turned on or anything close to it.

My brother just got a 97 civic hatch with a d16y7 and everything runs good. The only thing is that when you're going down the road at night with the lights on you can see them get brighter or all of a sudden dim by themselves. It's not enough of a difference that you can't see anything but it's still irritating when it shouldn't do it to begin with. The manual shows nothing about this also. He just bought a new battery and had his alternator and everything checked and it all came out good.

Any help with either of these problems would be greatly appreciated. We're going to keep looking but I figured i'd see what you guys said too while I was at it. Thanks ahead of time.

Brandon

Your alternator is going...bye bye soon.
    Check all you electrical grounds...

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
      Your alternator is going...bye bye soon.
      Check all you electrical grounds...
      You're reffering to the cb7 I take it?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
        You're reffering to the cb7 I take it?
        yez zir

Comment

Thanks man. I'll just pull the one off my sedan and replace it lol.

Comment

No help on the civic??? Come on people help my brother out. We've fixed everything else on the car but this one has stumped us. Why would the lights and gauges dim and brighten every few seconds on their own if the charging system is good?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
              No help on the civic??? Come on people help my brother out. We've fixed everything else on the car but this one has stumped us. Why would the lights and gauges dim and brighten every few seconds on their own if the charging system is good?
              Bad voltage regulator

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                Bad voltage regulator
                You da man lol. I'll look into it. I can wire up car stereo stuff perfectly fine but when it comes to troubleshooting some of the electrical stuff in a car I suck lol.

Comment

Working...
                X