Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cadence amp with 3 bad channels. What can I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cadence amp with 3 bad channels. What can I do?

I got a Cadence TXA-3004 4ch amp about 6 months ago and now it's basically useless. The front left channel fried, and then the front right channel intermittently would send a DC signal to the speaker (making it go and stay at full extension while sending sound to it). Problem is I bought it off a dude from a forum, and it was NIB, but the problems started about 3 months after I installed it. Can I get it fixed? Are there parts I can replace myself? I kind of want to go back to a 4.1 setup when I sell the car.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
    I got a Cadence TXA-3004 4ch amp about 6 months ago and now it's basically useless. The front left channel fried, and then the front right channel intermittently would send a DC signal to the speaker (making it go and stay at full extension while sending sound to it). Problem is I bought it off a dude from a forum, and it was NIB, but the problems started about 3 months after I installed it. Can I get it fixed? Are there parts I can replace myself? I kind of want to go back to a 4.1 setup when I sell the car.
    I hope you didn't pay much for it. You can probably get it repaired, but I wouldn't have put it in my car for free. Even though they're known, I've only heard complaints about Cadence amps from my audio buddies... poor quality solder on the boards, inferior components inside, etc.

Comment

You could contact the company, and ask if there is any kind of warranty on the unit, or for an estimate to fix it. If that doesnt work, count your losses, and buy a better amp.

Comment

open it up and see what model the ic's are. then order the ones you need. show me a pic of it open and i will circle what you need

Rip It Up
        Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

Originally posted by Extacee View Post
          open it up and see what model the ic's are. then order the ones you need. show me a pic of it open and i will circle what you need
          ICs? What are ICs? Break it down step by step. I have a multimeter and I can use my computer to send signals to get voltage readings.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Crack it open and start looking for fried S***

I friend my Kenwood by wiring it backwords

Saved it for 5.99 and some time

Click it.... You know you wanna
            Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
              ICs? What are ICs? Break it down step by step. I have a multimeter and I can use my computer to send signals to get voltage readings.

Internal Circuit, like Mosfets

these

Pull out your multimeter and start checking if there is any current going though them, etc etc.

Rip It Up
              Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

Just chuck it at someone is BK, or leave it on your trunk so a crackhead can pick it up.

Seems pointless to fix if its a cheap amp. If you had a rare or expensive amp I would suggest replacing the parts needed.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747 View Post
                  Just chuck it at someone is BK, or leave it on your trunk so a crackhead can pick it up.

Seems pointless to fix if its a cheap amp. If you had a rare or expensive amp I would suggest replacing the parts needed.
                  Yea that's how I'm feelin. Sucks though cause I'm out $100

Comment

Working...
                  X