clutch and remote start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch and remote start

Which wire do you hook the status output(-) to, the black or blue wire on the clutch switch?

YouTube Clicky!!

I forgot but if you have a test light, its the side that has NO GROUND.

most people will say just cut them and attach them together, but I like the way u do it. It will still bypass the clutch but when you NORMALLY start the car you still have to push the clutch in to start it.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
      Which wire do you hook the status output(-) to, the black or blue wire on the clutch switch?
      idk but check out the stickies 4gen resources and look at a shop manual and look at electrical.
      frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
        I forgot but if you have a test light, its the side that has NO GROUND.

most people will say just cut them and attach them together, but I like the way u do it. It will still bypass the clutch but when you NORMALLY start the car you still have to push the clutch in to start it.
        Well I tried both of them and neither of them work.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

ok try to physically ground each one one at a time. MAKE SURE ITS NOT IN GEAR. You should be able to find out.

if not then you got the wrong switch, some cars (not sure about honda) but they have 2 switches. the one that you may be looking at may not be the right one, there is another one somewhere there that is pressed when the clutch is pushed down all the way.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Just curious, are you putting in a neutral safety switch?
            Originally posted by chessboxer
            We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
            Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

Yea if you are wiring up a Neutral Saftey Switch take the alarm back and get one designed for a stick.
              One designed for a stick will actually cancel remote start if it senses a pulse from the speed sensor. Could save the side of your house oneday.
              Otherwise, if you think you will NEVER leave it in gear and press the start, just loop the two wires on the alarm together.
              Your man for wiring solutions!
              CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
              CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

It is designed for manual. The way you prep it for remote start makes sure its not in gear. you have to leave the car with the car running to put it in reservation mode.

It's not a neutral safety switch, but a negative trigger output that I can't find which wire to connect it to and I'm definitely not going to short the switch wires because shit happens.

Yeah the honda has 2 switches. I believe the one I want is the one at the very top with the yellow plug. The other one goes to cruise control.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Glad...

Im glad you putting it in correctly.

Back when i was doing car audio, my buddy I worked with at the shop put a remote start in his manual car and gaffed the instal so you didnt have to put it into any modes. That was great untill he remote started his car in gear and it took off across the parking lot and into the street, bawhahahaha I couldnt belive it.

A few months later down the road he had his car parked in front of the shop and started it and it drove the car into the front of the shop. We had him take it off at that point lol...
                  My System
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165155

Comment

Originally posted by tgdrums1990 View Post
                    Im glad you putting it in correctly.

Back when i was doing car audio, my buddy I worked with at the shop put a remote start in his manual car and gaffed the instal so you didnt have to put it into any modes. That was great untill he remote started his car in gear and it took off across the parking lot and into the street, bawhahahaha I couldnt belive it.

A few months later down the road he had his car parked in front of the shop and started it and it drove the car into the front of the shop. We had him take it off at that point lol...
                    lol that's exactly why.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

lol that's exactly why.
                      how many wires are goin into the switch at the top of the pedal? by the way what system are u putting in?
                      Members Ride sold...
                      I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7 View Post
                        how many wires are goin into the switch at the top of the pedal? by the way what system are u putting in?
                        2, blk-grn and blu-red

It's a compustar 2w900fm-as

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

It is designed for manual. The way you prep it for remote start makes sure its not in gear. you have to leave the car with the car running to put it in reservation mode.

It's not a neutral safety switch, but a negative trigger output that I can't find which wire to connect it to and I'm definitely not going to short the switch wires because shit happens.

Yeah the honda has 2 switches. I believe the one I want is the one at the very top with the yellow plug. The other one goes to cruise control.

You are correct sir, the yellow top plug is for the starter
                          I didnt know these newer (possibly cheaper) models had you leave the car running....they used to just have speed pulser detectors that you installed and they ran from that.

As for the OP just use an circuit detector or ohm detector or something that gives a reading for when you connect them together.
                          Last edited by CB7Man; 12-29-2009, 09:56 PM.
                          Your man for wiring solutions!
                          CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                          CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Why didn't i think of that? lol. I should've checked the voltage on the wires when connected. thx man

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                            X